This position will develop and implement support and communication for the test product business plan for the Panera, LLC Research & Development Department.
- Knowledgeable of and true to Company Mission and Values;
- Responsible for continually evaluating and reinventing processes to better support success of
New Menu Item Testing Process
in proof of concept and proof of operations markets with store teams and customers. Capable of truly "owning" the project and making decisions accordingly;
- Responsible for providing input and administering support, updates, and project tracking as part of the Project Management Process
New Menu Item Testing Process
- Schedule and develop all support tools necessary to conduct product screening and preferencing. Communicate all results and findings with appropriate departments;
- Coordinate additional levels of product preferencing as required in the development process.
- Develop and revise accurate and timely training tools to support implementation process at cafe level on an ongoing basis. Communicate specifications to appropriate teams;
- Coordinate the development of all POP materials to support cafe launch;
- Serve as the communication liaison between R&D, cafe, and support teams for ongoing development and success of new test products;
- Monitor success and refinement of new items through ongoing communication with R&D field project coordinators. Communicate urgent issues as required;
- Compile all relevant information and engage in formulation of Charter documents as part of test product introductions;
- Administer all financial matters relating to project costs: projections, tracking, payment of invoices and reconciliation;
- Responsible for establishing Food Safety and Sanitation Standards for center-of-the-plate new products and product revisions. Review and enforce all standards periodically to ensure relevance;
- Responsible for ensuring Quality Control at all levels: Product standards, ingredient standards, recipe standards, and packaging/labeling standards met, monitoring of waste/shrink, and customer relations;
- Develop a system for proactively monitoring and improving relationships with store management and store directors through effective telephone and face-to-face visits;
- Effectively communicate with vendors and manage inventory of test ingredients to acceptable levels, all within approved company guidelines and standards.
- Proven command in written specifications/procedures and operating success for all line areas of Panera bakery-cafe menu offerings;
- Basic knowledge of Panera purchasing, receiving, and distribution process;
- Strong knowledge of Panera production systems;
- Strong understanding of guidelines for safe food handling;
- Demonstrated ability to coach and teach a group of associates to achieve food production and food quality standards;
- Ability to multi-task prioritize, and administer the Project Management Process;
- Ability to quickly identify, create, and implement tools to ensure product success;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word;
- Strong attention to detail and unwavering pursuit of excellence for the customer;
- Strong self-management and self-starter mentality;
- Capable of building trust with customers, cafes, and support center teams;
- Strong problem solving, verbal and written communication, and decision making skills;
- Effective verbal and written communication, both up and down the management structure;
- Ability to manage schedule that fits the needs of the R&D and cafe teams;
- Qualified candidates must have 2 years management level experience and responsibilities or equivalent in a bakery-cafe;
- Moderate overnight travel required
Research and Development
Panera Bread - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard
Work Passionately...Please visit us online to learn more at PaneraBread.jobs.
Panera Bread is expanding quickly across North America,...