AOC Fielding, Sustainment, Logistics, and Training Manager
United States-Virginia-Newport News
US Citizenship Required for this Position
No relocation assistance available
Number of Openings
Join the Northrop Grumman Information Systems team of men and women that solve some of the world’s most complex technical challenges. We are seeking an experienced Fielding, Logistics, Sustainment and Training Manager to join our AOC WS program in Carson, CA.
The Air Operations Center (AOC) Weapon System (WS) is the Joint Forces Air Component Commander's (JFACC) primary Command and Control (C2) node to develop the air operations strategies and plans to meet the Combatant Commander's objectives. It is the senior element of the Theater Air Control System (TACS) which includes subordinate ground and air C2 units trained and equipped to plan, coordinate, control, execute and monitor air, space and cyberspace operations across the full range of military operations. The AOC controls a wide range of air power to achieve Air Force objectives of Global Vigilance, Global Reach and Global Power.
Modern war fighting demands a modern, standardized and integrated AOC. As a member of the Northrop Grumman AOC WS Modernization team, you will help to provide our warfighters with a state-of-the-art, net-centric computing solution that provides a flexible and robust environment for meeting the demands of time critical analysis and decision making processes now and into the future.
The Fielding, Logistics, Sustainment and Training Manager:
• Manages a multi-disciplined team of geographically dispersed engineers responsible for program fielding, logistics, training, and help desk support of the AOC Weapon Systems. Fielding Engineer teams will consist of internal NG engineers and technicians as well as subcontractors responsible for surveys, design, material procurement and installation upgrades to existing Increment 10.1 AOC active duty and Air Reserve Component (ARC) sites; and eventually for the site survey, design, material procurement and installation of the Increment 10.2 modernization to AOC active duty and ARC sites. Integrated Logistics Support, Fielding and Production and Assembly Control have responsibility for material procurement, asset control and management, as well as logistical data collection and analysis. The AOC Ws training and help desk personnel will be providing direct user support, analysis, development of training materials to support both existing AOC WS 10.1 and 10.2 AOC systems located within CONUS and OCONUS.
• Ensures all tasking within the Fielding, Logistics, Sustainment and Training organization meet scheduled delivery and suspense dates within the integrated master schedule, and are managed within-budget and adhere to the rigorous NG CMMI Level 5 processes and quality standards.
• Directly coordinates with the Electronic Security Command (ESC) System Program Offices (SPO) to coordinate logistics, sustainment and fielding activities to meet the Government’s approved Enterprise Change Request (ECR) schedule.
• Holds strong control account management skills and able to manage performance under two or more Contract Line Items with differing contract performance parameters and periods of performance.
• Strong customer coordination and presentation skills
• Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Projects a friendly, positive attitude and works cooperatively in a multi-faceted environment; exhibits an ability and desire to self-educate
• BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
• 14+ years technical / managerial experience
• Experience in fielding, logistics, training, and sustainment of large and complex Information Technology systems, including day to day management of geographically dispersed project teams.
• Experience in the developing, staffing, and delivering, program plans, contract deliverables, and balancing schedules and resources allocated against two or more CLINs simultaneously.
• Experience in maintaining / reporting status of program activities while collaborating with employees within the program, across sectors and with subcontractors performing supporting functions.
• Experience in developing / managing technical performance measures (TPMs), milestones and quantifying progress through the use of earned value management techniques and metrics.
• Demonstrated ability to grasp complex issues, independently formulate analysis and propose solutions, lead people, manage complex activities, manage risks and opportunities, brief issues and positively represent the company to the customer.
• Active DOD Secret (or above) Clearance
• Systems of Systems Engineering experience
• Master's Degree in engineering or computer related discipline.
• US Air Force Air Operations Center knowledge and experience.
• Domain experience with Command and Control / complex systems
• CMMI Level 5 process experience
• Earned Value Management experience
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman - 2 years ago
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics,...