Position: File Clerk
Program: ICS Emergency Shelter
Reports to: Administrative Assistant
Education: High School Diploma, training in word processing and other menu driven software.
Experience: Two years or more years of clerical or data entry experience.
Supervises: As assigned by Supervisor
Summary: The Data Entry Clerk is responsible for carrying out a variety of clerical and administrative tasks in support of quality program services
• Answer telephone and direct calls to appropriate individuals. Take messages and/or schedule appointments. Respond to inquiries regarding services provided by the agency.
• Greet individuals and groups entering the office; notify appropriate staff, and assist with directions as needed.
• Responsible for performing all office mail functions.
• Type letters, memos, forms, studies, general correspondence, reports, etc
• Operate appropriate office machinery: copier, fax, postage machine, etc
• Assure confidentiality of all program records
• Maintain an inventory of all necessary office supplies.
• Some driving required.
• Enter admissions data that comes to the facility into the Tracking and Management System (TMS).
• Create Permanent file and house file for each client upon admission.
• Scan all documents for efile and place in each client's efile, place original in assigned case manager's box.
• Perform Chart Audits on monthly basis and notify Program Director of any deficiencies.
• Upon discharge, breakdown client's file, audit file, and place in secured filing cabinet.
• Assist with TAR (medical request) submission and distribution.
• Track TAR submissions on monthly basis.
• File Purchase Orders and Track.
• Maintain supply of necessary forms in each shelter.
• Track documentations of releases.
• Prepare admission and discharge documentation on clients
• Perform other duties as directed.
BCFS - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
BCFS is a global health and human services non-profit organization with locations and programs in the United States as well as Eastern...