Position: File Clerk
Program: ICS Emergency Shelter
Reports to: Administrative Assistant
Education: High School Diploma, training in word processing and other menu driven software.
Experience: Two years or more years of clerical or data entry experience.
Supervises: As assigned by Supervisor
Summary: The Data Entry Clerk is responsible for carrying out a variety of clerical and administrative tasks in support of quality program services
- Answer telephone and direct calls to appropriate individuals. Take messages and/or schedule appointments. Respond to inquiries regarding services provided by the agency.
- Greet individuals and groups entering the office; notify appropriate staff, and assist with directions as needed.
- Responsible for performing all office mail functions.
- Type letters, memos, forms, studies, general correspondence, reports, etc
- Operate appropriate office machinery: copier, fax, postage machine, etc
- Assure confidentiality of all program records
- Maintain an inventory of all necessary office supplies.
- Some driving required.
- Enter admissions data that comes to the facility into the Tracking and Management System (TMS).
- Create Permanent file and house file for each client upon admission.
- Scan all documents for efile and place in each client's efile, place original in assigned case manager's box.
- Perform Chart Audits on monthly basis and notify Program Director of any deficiencies.
- Upon discharge, breakdown client's file, audit file, and place in secured filing cabinet.
- Assist with TAR (medical request) submission and distribution.
- Track TAR submissions on monthly basis.
- File Purchase Orders and Track.
- Maintain supply of necessary forms in each shelter.
- Track documentations of releases.
- Prepare admission and discharge documentation on clients
- Perform other duties as directed.
BCFS is a global health and human services non-profit organization with locations and programs in the United States as well as Eastern...