Airgas USA, LLC - Mid America, the nations leading distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases and welding supplies, has a FILLER position open at our Nashville, TN location.
The Cylinder Filler will be responsible for filling industrial, medical and/or specialty gas products into liquid gas cylinders in compliance with federal, state, local regulations, and meeting the standard operating procedures of Airgas. Responsible for meeting all safety standards in the loading and unloading of cylinder gases per Airgas procedures.
- Operate equipment for pumping or repackaging gases into cylinders.
- Performs minor maintenance of equipment and inspection of cylinders prior to filling.
- Use standard pre-fill and post-fill inspections, tests, and operating procedures before cylinders are released.
- Regularly inspect pumping apparatus and associated monitoring devices used in daily activities.
- Fill cylinders or containers to proper capacity and accurately maintain cylinder filling records and ensures that all required procedures are followed in order to comply with local, state and federal regulations.
- Complete daily fill sheets and cylinder filling records accurately and timely.
- Complete and attach warning and other identification tags, labels and decals to cylinders.
- Unload and load cylinders onto delivery trucks using cylinder carts and/or lift gate.
- Ensure any accident or injury is promptly reported; comply with all company safety policies and procedures; attend monthly safety meetings.
- Comply with shift work schedules and be able to work occasional overtime to meet operational deadlines.
- Maintain a clean, safe and orderly plant appearance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Paint and make minor repairs on liquid gas cylinders
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Ability to operate a forklift
- Previous cylinder sorting and filling cylinders experience, a plus.
Looking for a great company to work for? You’ll Find It With Us! Airgas Mid America offers a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug, Life & Disability Insurance, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement and more.
- Ability to regularly move more than 125 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment
- Must be able to frequently bend, stoop, crouch, reach, grasp and feel
- Ability to read and comprehend material safety data sheets
- Must be able to perform mathematical calculations
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds
- Must be able to work outdoors in temperatures ranging from 10 to over 100 degrees
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free work environment
Airgas is an Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer and promotes a Drug Free Work Environment.
Airgas has floated to the top of the industrial gas distribution industry by buying more than 400 companies since its founding in 1986. Its...