Airgas , a leading distributor of industrial, medical, specialty gases & welding supplies, is seeking a gas production FILLER to join our operations team in SAN JOSE, CA .
FILLER - High Pressure, Medical, liquid gas - San Jose, CA
Performs any combination of following tasks on site in making or repackaging compressed and liquefied gas: Loads cylinders on vehicles, using hand truck, forklift, and records type and quantity of cylinders. Examines returned cylinders for surface defects, such as dents, cracks, and burns, and rolls cylinders to designated work area. Cleans cylinders using wire brush and cleaning solution. Turns valve to draw off residual gas. Tests filled cylinders for leaks by brushing or spraying chemical solution around valve. Weighs filled cylinders on platform scale and records weight. Screws protection cap over values. Removes / replaces warning and identification tags on cylinders . Load or assist in the loading process of route trucks, including filling of liquid and high-pressure cylinders. Loading and unloading of pallets for transfer trucks and putting cylinders away in stock.
- Fill cylinders or containers to proper pressure or weight, whichever is appropriate.
- Ensure cylinder filling records are accurately maintained and that all required procedures are followed in order to comply with local, state and federal regulations.
- Operate forklift and safely load / unload compressed gas and liquid cylinders to and from delivery vehicles.
- Inspect cylinders prior to filling, using standard operating procedures.
- Remove and replace labels
- Maintain neat, clean and orderly plant appearance.
- Perform mathematical calculations
- Ensure any accident or injury is promptly reported to management.
- Replace pallet straps as necessary.
- Sweep and clean work areas
- Ability to perform very heavy work – routinely lifts 25 – 75 lbs., occasionally lift 76 to greater than 100 lbs.
- Ability to perform work during prolonged standing up to 8 hours; Frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling and repetitive motion also required.
- Ability to perform work during occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, crawling, pushing, pulling and finger activities.
- Ability to read and comprehend load sheets and materiel safety data sheets (MSDS).
- Must have good attention to detail and experience with accurate record keeping.
- Must be able to safely drive a forklift.
- Must be able to work occasional overtime, if necessary.
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must be able to work outdoors in temperatures ranging from -10 to over 110 degrees.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must have a good attitude, work ethic and be dependable
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace .
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- Some basic knowledge or experience in welding.
- Some experience in handling compressed gases.
- Customer service experience
- Previous experience operating a forklift.
Looking for a great company to work for? You’ll Find It With Us! Airgas offers a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug, Life & Disability Insurance, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and promote a Drug-Free work environment.
Airgas has floated to the top of the industrial gas distribution industry by buying more than 400 companies since its founding in 1986. Its...