Job Description Summary
The Finance & Gift Administrator is responsible for developing and implementing gift policies and procedures, managing pledges and payments, maintaining donor information, creating gift related records (i.e., funds, appeal codes), and performing data analysis.
• Develop and internally communicate annual operating plan for maintaining donor information.
• Develop, document, and implement policies and procedures related to gift and pledge acceptance and processing, receipting, restricted gifts, pledges, write-offs, and noncash gifts including retaining all gift and pledge related documentation (Babson’s receipt of gift to storing documentation).
• Manage multi-year and annual pledges by generating pledge reminders on a regular basis; coordinating with respective gift officers; and forecasting expected cash flow.
• Ensure adherence to IRS and Council for the Advancement and Support of Education ( CASE ) guidelines regarding gift and pledge acceptance and receipting; research best practices and stay current on industry standards related to gift processing; and develop and implement changes as needed to stay in compliance.
• Create and maintain gift related records in database; collaborate with colleagues to determine annual appeal coding, new funds, and other fields.
• Train team members on gift processing policies and procedures to ensure gifts are accurately managed and educate Development staff on respective procedures.
• Effectively use technology to meet or exceed targets for gift processing to while maintaining quality standards; develop new processes or systems that serve to increase the accuracy and integrity of gift information.
• Monitor and manage outstanding pledge receivables and collaborate with Prospect Managers regarding expectancy.
• Mentor Data Specialist and Gift Specialist and assist them with the processing of gifts and pledges, as needed.
• Generate pipeline reports for cash and revenue forecasting.
• Acts as the Associate Director in the Associate Director’s absence.
• Assume additional responsibilities as required.
Additional Required Skills & Abilities
• 4-6 years gift processing, non-profit accounting, or related field experience
• Expert knowledge of gift and pledge management and reporting
• Understanding of IRS regulations related to gift and pledge acceptance, valuation, and 501 ©(3) operational requirements
• Experience in relational databases and/or donor information systems
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve problems
• Proven ability to work with colleagues and customers in a collaborative and cooperative spirit
• Practical understanding of project management methodologies
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team working on multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to organize resources and establish priorities
• Strong technology skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
• Able to work with culturally ethnically, culturally, and socially diverse students, staff, faculty, and other constituencies
• Flexibility and willingness to assume new tasks and special projects
• Must have strong attention to detail
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present effectively to small and large groups
May require occasional night and weekend work
Additional Experience, Skills and Abilities:
• Must remain current with best practices and industry standards regarding gift processing
• Prefer previous experience in higher education
Babson College in Wellesley, Mass., is recognized internationally as a leader in entrepreneurial management education. Babson grants BS...