The Finance Administration Manager I provides administrative oversight and supervision for medium complexity plant(s) and related branch operations. He/she ensures compliance with appropriate accounting and Sarbanes-Oxley controls throughout the facility and act as local point person for audit. In addition, the Finance Administration Manager I is responsible for implementation of corporate or group-wide initiatives.
As applicable for the specific plant environment, the position will be responsible for the direct supervision, oversight and backup support for the following functions: Accounts Payable / Purchasing; Payroll / Attendance Tracking; Route Settlement; Order-to-Cash, including Credit, Billing, Cash Application, and Collections; Pricing / Rebate Administration; and Records Retention.
- Provides process improvement and compliance monitoring support in the following areas. These functions report directly to Operations Management: Raw Milk Accounting & Tracking; and Production and Inventory Management (incl. shrink & other variance reporting & analysis).
- Collaborates with the Accounting, Reporting and Control (ARC) team, as well as Dean Financial Services (DFS) and will serve as primary liaison between the Accounting Center and the plant for accounting control and compliance concerns, as well as to help support the period close process.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating, and controlling.
- Has supervisory responsibility involving staffing, conducting performance appraisals, training and developing subordinates, promotions, salary increases, terminations, disciplinary actions, etc.
Dean Foods Company is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in Accounting, Audit or related field Finance functions, of which 1 year has been spent in a supervisory/managerial role.
- Strong working knowledge of plant operating and support systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs.
- Must be a strong team player who is able to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all departments, management levels within the company, and external stakeholders.
- Ability to select, guide, develop, and retain a team of employees.
Dean Foods - 9 months ago