to learn more.
Responsible for the overall management, maintenance, analysis and reporting of all financial data related to the NM Operating Unit. This includes annual budget development, monitoring and maintaining all financial information, providing board and management reports, and working with project managers to track financial information. Reviews, monitors, and oversees government and private grants finances. Performs annual accounting closing process and reporting. Provides recommendations related to finances in the overall organizational planning, policy development and implementation for the chapter. Correctly allocates and documents pledges, cash, and in-kind gifts received in NM and documents the allocation of stock gifts received by the Conservancy’s worldwide office on behalf of and for the benefit of work in NM. Responsible for the content and accuracy of gift data entered into Conservancy databases, ensuring that the data entered complies with TNC standards and procedures. Monitors compliance with Conservancy policies and procedures as well as financial compliance rules (FASB) that relate to gift acceptance, documentation, pledge fulfillment, and similar matters. Works with Philanthropy Systems Specialist to monitor and update pledges on a quarterly basis. Provides occasional office back-up to NM Director of Operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business (Accounting or Finance preferred) plus 3 or more years related experience or equivalent combination.
- Experience with accounting/financial issues and analysis.
- Technical experience with spreadsheet programs, general ledger reports and other financial management tools.
- Experience working with GAAP and fund accounting principles, practices and regulations.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
- Bachelor’s degree in Business (Accounting or Finance preferred) plus 3 or more years related experience or equivalent combination. Non-profit accounting and U.S. government grants accounting experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills (English) both orally and written required.
- Demonstrated experience in MS Office (Word and Excel). Technical command of spreadsheet programs, general ledger reports and other financial management tools. Ability to manipulate, analyze and interpret data.
- Proven organizational and analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of GAAP and understanding of fund accounting principles, practices and regulations.
- Technical expert on complex accounting/financial issues.
- Experience using accounting and financial reporting systems.
- Solid knowledge and experience using and maintaining automated systems.
- This is a regular, part-time position (21 - 25 hours/week)
The Nature Conservancy offers competitive compensation, 401k or savings-plan matching for eligible employees, excellent benefits, flexible work policies and a collaborative work environment. We also provide professional development opportunities and promote from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires conservation achievement and personal development, both within the workplace and beyond.
To apply to position number 41365, submit resume and cover letter as one document. All applications must be submitted in the system prior to 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on September 14, 2013.
Failure to complete all of the required fields may result in your application being disqualified from consideration.
You must click “submit” to apply for the position. You may select “save for later” if you prefer to create a draft application for future submission. Once submitted, applications cannot be revised or edited.
If you are experiencing technical issues, please refer to our
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The successful applicant must meet the requirements of The Nature Conservancy’s background screening process
The Nature Conservancy - 11 months ago