The Finance Analyst is responsible for detailed analysis on DR program registrations, customer payments, penalties, commissions, margin scenarios, auction and customer pricing metrics. Analyst will develop an in-depth understanding of the various DR programs ECS participates in and will identify and recommend solutions/improvements to processes in aforementioned areas. The Finance Analyst is responsible for keeping detailed, up-to-date information for all customer payments in all markets. The Finance Analyst reports to the Director of Finance.
• Responsible for review of payment sheets by analyzing and summarizing customer registration, contract, and performance data
• Calculate and analyze monthly, quarterly, bi-annual, special case, bonus, performance, energy, and supplemental payments for New York, PJM, California, Texas and Ontario customers
• Support the Director of Finance in margin tracking, forecasting, scenario planning and variance analysis
• Prepare financial summaries for payments and ad hoc analysis as requested
• Review enrollments and registrations for ECS quarterly sales commissions and affiliate payments
• Provide support to accounting for accrual analysis as relates to customer payments and penalties
• Draft and record procedures for payment related tasks in all markets
• Assist with contract verification projects
The Finance Analyst must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and drive projects to effective completion. The Finance Analyst must have strong interpersonal communication skills in order to maintain open communication across cross functional teams.
• Strong analytical skills with excellent attention to detail and problem solving capabilities
• Ability to understand contract terms and legal ramifications specific to ECS
• Knowledge of market specifications relating to customer payments and pricing
• Ability to conform to shifting priorities while maintaining strong time and project management
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel; proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, QuickBooks and Adobe
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance, or a related field
• 5 years of relevant experience in an analytical role
• Experience in the Demand Response Field a huge plus
Energy Curtailment Specialists - 6 months ago
copy to clipboard
Energy Curtailment Specialists, Inc. (ECS) is the supreme administrator of electricity demand response programs in the United States,...