Join our movement
At Success Academy, we make history every single day. Our schools rank in the top 5% in New York State for reading, science, and math. We provide an exploration driven curriculum for grades K-8, focused on the whole child. Chess, art, and other specialized subjects bring excitement to the school day and foster a lifelong love of learning. Our communities are calling for more, and we are meeting this urgent demand with rapid expansion. Are you ready to join this movement and make an indelible mark on education reform across New York City?
We are looking for a Finance Analyst to join our Finance Team. Our Finance Analyst will contribute to our budgeting, audit preparation, and other accounting and financial control procedures as we continuously expand our operations. Other responsibilities include preparing and analyzing financial statements for over 20 entities. This position will offer anyone a unique organizational view of the finances that support an ambitious, entrepreneurial non-profit organization growing at an incredible rate.
- Work with the Finance Team to produce monthly financial reports for review by the CEO and Boards of Trustees.
- Contribute to the production of budgets for grant applications and maintain reporting compliance for awarded grants.
- Contribute to the production of annual departmental budgets and produce internal budget-to-actual reports.
- Discuss budget and actual spend with Department directors and school operations staff.
- Contribute to annual and ad hoc organizational forecasting.
- Maintain communication and provide training to school operations teams and network staff on Financial processes.
This is an unique opportunity for a recent college graduate, or candidates with 1 to 2 years of relevant experience, interested in social enterprise to work with a highly motivated and entrepreneurial team committed to education reform, school choice, and the building of exemplary schools (Bachelor's Degree is required).
A candidate must exemplify proficiency in the following areas:
In addition, the following characteristics are required to be successful on this team:
- Organization. Keeps track of projects and deadlines, and communicates progress in real-time.
- Extraordinary Attention to Detail. Thinks critically about the details of a task at hand and creates strategies to ensure accuracy.
- Candid Communication. Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills. Carries out sensitive conversations with tact and professionalism.
- Systems-thinking. Steps back and views things from a system-view, while remaining focused on the detailed data entry that fuels our daily operations.
- Microsoft Excel. Navigates and creates spreadsheets at an Intermediate-to-Advanced level.
- Speed, Precision, and Accuracy: Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment with speed, precision and accuracy.
- Flexibility. Ability to adjust expected tasks and schedule to the updated priorities.
- Dedication to Mission. A genuine interest in finding ways to improve public education and support our schools.
- Collaboration . Ability to work with teammates and be responsive to feedback.
- Beyond Z Attitude. Willingness to go above and beyond the requirements of the job to be innovative and support the organization .
Please upload a resume and cover letter that outlines how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the Finance Analyst position.
Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
At Success Academy, we are redefining what's possible in public education. Our schools rank in the top 1% in math and top 3% in English...