How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Position Title: Finance Assistant
Immediate Supervisor: Operations Director
Chapter: Greater Bay Area, San Francisco Office
Position Classification: Non-Exempt
Basic Function: The Greater Bay Area Chapter, LLS, seeks an energetic, personable, efficient and hard-working Finance Assistant to assist the accounting and operations staff. The position will provide support to the Office Manager/Bookkeeper and the Operations Director. They will work on matching gifts, basic accounting functions, data entry support and other duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Process all matching gifts which includes completing forms, on-line research/verification and follow-up as needed.
- Acquire general knowledge of accounting databases and implement use of them as needed.
- Conduct daily cash control procedures including sorting mail, processing cash/credit/checks, coding donations, updating database.
- Provides administrative support to finance and operations as needed.
- Assists Office Manager/Bookkeeper with financial records and reports ensuring timely submission of same and following chapter/national office best practices.
- Maintains a working knowledge of LLS mission and its programs to address them.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Critical Success Factors
- Receives and screens telephone calls and visitors, resolving routine and some complex inquiries.
- Detail-oriented individual who is comfortable working with finance systems and records.
- Team player with willingness to step in and assist on an ad hoc basis.
- Strong work-ethic and internal customer service focus.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field
- Experience in Windows programs-strong knowledge of Excel required
- Professional maturity and judgment
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- May require occasional work after normal business hours
- Professional maturity and judgment; excellent decision making and problem-solving capabilities
This is a full-time, non-exempt position, based in San Francisco, CA.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to:
To apply, go to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - 16 months ago