PURPOSE : Maintains records and performs general office duties for the Finance/Billing Department.
PAY/BENEFITS : $12.65 to $15.00 per hour plus full benefits such as medical, dental and PTO (paid time off).
Essential Responsibilities :
- Maintain finance/billing department paper and electronic records
- Responsible for incoming and outgoing departmental mail and fax
- Receive, gather, verify, prepare finance/billing information for processing
- Perform day to day processing of finance/billing transactions such as enter/post cash receipts and vendor payments
- Perform data entry, research information, runs basic reports, and prepare other financial information as required
- Drives deposits to bank daily.
- Comply with federal, state, and agency policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Operate basic office machines including computer, scanner, copier, fax, typewriter, and 10-key calculator.
- Check e-mail/voice mail throughout the day when working.
- Continually increase personal level of cultural sensitivity, awareness and competency.
- Completes tasks accurately within defined timeframes with minimal supervision.
- Consistently helps cover for co-workers when needed and willingly accepts and follows through with other tasks as needed.
- Meets standards for attendance following the department’s call-in policy for any unscheduled absences.
- Participate in regular individual and team meetings.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Good computer skills including a functional knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel. Ability to master proprietary software which may include Avatar and Sage MIP.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills and maintains a cooperative working relationship with others in a culturally diverse environment.
- Requires access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license.