Unum, a Fortune 500 company, is a leading provider of financial protection benefits in the United States and the United Kingdom. Unum's employee benefits portfolio includes disability, life, accident and critical illness insurance, which help protect millions of working people and their families in the event of illness or injury.
With exciting growth plans and well positioned from a financial strength/strong capital perspective, Unum wants to continue to attract and develop the very best leadership talent with “outside in” perspective and strong consulting and business problem solving skills who excel in leading operational areas, fostering an environment of creativity and ideation, and developing and maintaining functional relationships across multiple organizations.
Unum is supplementing its leadership team with a progressive, strategic business leader to deliver results related to significant work on our technology strategy. This position will drive simplification of our application portfolio. This work will involve both risk and financial analysis. As a business strategy leader, Finance subject matter expert and project manager, the Director, Business and Technology Optimization Finance Lead will partner with business leaders to develop an assessment approach for blocks of business and develop key assumptions.
Principal Duties and Accountabilities
- Conduct business evaluation –both current and future state and evaluate impact on persistency, premium, profit, and expenses
- Prepare reports, graphs, and Power point communications
- Challenge inputs and assumptions to ensure optimum business decisions
Performs other duties as assigned
- Partner with finance and other key stakeholders regarding management of timelines, project deliverables, and escalation of issues.
- Build framework approach and competency for evaluation of blocks of business to determine action ( migrate, convert, or exit)
- Develop project plan for broad set of business evaluations
- Escalate questions for resolution to keep project milestones intact
- Work closely with functional areas to probe on key costs, drivers and implications of evaluating various application rationalization approaches.
We invite candidates from diverse backgrounds and work experiences with a solid leadership foundation. Unum provides equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees regardless of a person’s race, color, religion, national origin, age disability, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics; experience in financial analysis, modeling and/or operational/financial reporting
- Highly analytical – Spreadsheet/Excel expertise
- Strong project management and organizational skills to meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Work to develop credibility with operational partners and IT
- Ability to work in a matrix environment; adaptable to change
- Self starter, ability to work in a rapidly changing business environment
- Meets the standards for this position as defined in the Talent Management Framework
Unum - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard