- Oversee treasury operations across 25 Funds and 501c3 organizations in a fashion that provides accountability and cost effective management, while ensuring accurate cash forecasting for the 1199SEIU Funds
- Prepare reports and documents for quarterly meetings of the investment and finance committees and Boards of Trustees; ensure accurate projections, cash flow budgets, and forecasts
- Ensure the Funds and 501c3 organizations are in compliance with all regulations; perform cost/benefit analyses, and project future costs pertaining to capital, future pension and benefit plans liabilities and evaluate adequacy of revenue projections for the purpose of projecting cash flows, debt balances and cost containment needs
- Project short and long-term cash needs accurately for each of the 25 organizations, which will require developing or having intimate understanding of complex underlying analyses regarding pension outlays, employer contributions and outlays of self-insured health benefit programs
- Manage and hire direct reports; ensure staff is trained and developed to meet the goals and needs of the Finance Division; prepare performance evaluations for direct reports; monitor and evaluate performance.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures and sound internal controls for the proper safeguarding of assets; ensure adequate controls and efficient processes over revenue transaction cycles and all balance sheet accounts.
- Improve expenditure control and identify opportunities for cash savings, by performing financial analysis on all key expense categories and by comparing expenses and ratios to external benchmarks
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with accounting requirements and adhering to all applicable laws and regulations for the proper segregation of funds; leading timely preparation of financial budgets and forecasts in accordance with GAAP
- Ensure adequate accounting, analytics and controls over investments given the significance of investments to the 1199SEIU Pension Fund; have a full understanding of trends and projections for the purpose of projecting and scenario planning for both short and long-term cash flow needs.
- Perform additional duties and projects as assigned by management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or relevant years of experience required; Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required; plus
- Minimum eight (8) years senior treasury and financial management experience which should include Big 4 CPA firm experience complemented by treasury, finance, controller, reporting and analysis, planning, accounting and management skills in a complex not-for-profit with significant scale required
- Minimum of six (6) years supervisory experience of exempt and non-exempt personnel required
- Experience in the selection, implementation, and/or conversion of sophisticated financial systems for non-profit organizations, particularly with financial systems such as Oracle, Vitech-3, and in developing billing and collections systems and processes for efficiencies and knowledgeable in various modules (accounts payable, accounts receivable) and reporting and budgeting software such as Hyperion, FRX, Forecaster
- Prior experience supporting actuaries in their development of actuarial assumptions and in reviewing trends and analyses to be provided to actuaries for pension and benefit plan actuarial assumptions is critical; experience using actuarial reports as the basis for developing long-term cash flow projections
- Strong treasury, accounting, finance, and reporting experience, ideally including experience in pension and benefits plans and 501c-3 organizations
- Experience in building strong teams, organizations and cultures, as well as collaborative relationships both internal and external to the organization.
- Stewardship over the preparation of timely and accurate financial projections and treasury operations;
- Strong analytic, problem solving and organizational skills with the ability to work with, manage and motivate and diverse staff.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills and problem/conflict resolution skills; must have very strong presentation and writing skills.
1199SEIU Family of Funds - 2 years ago