Finance Director |
FL / Pompano Beach
• The Director Finance plays a key role in ensuring that all OMG Fast! activities are appropriately captured in the company’s financial statements. As such this position is responsible for the day to day finance related operations of OMG Fast! which include the following activities:
• Managing the monthly financial close process within the monthly deadlines, which involves the following:
1. Collaborating with operating departments to ensure accurate expense tracking.
2. Reviewing all accruals.
3. Heading the monthly close meeting with Accounting and Corporate Finance.
4. Explaining all variances to the budget and forecast.
5. Preparing variance analysis
• Reviewing and approving Payment Authorization Forms (“PAC” Forms), Wire requests, and Travel & Entertainment Forms (“T&E’s) for completeness and consistency with the budget and forecast.
• Preparing the annual budget, quarterly forecasts, and five year plan.
• Supervising the Senior Accountant in their day to day activities.
• Maintaining an accurate and complete schedule of all financial commitments on a timely basis.
• Reviewing the monthly commission calculation for accuracy.
• Developing, tracking and analyzing key operating metrics.
• Developing policies and procedures related to billings and collections and inventory management.
• Ensuring adherence to corporate policies and procedures, in particular the policies related to the processing of contracts, purchase commitments and invoice processing.
• Preparation of ad hoc reporting for budget, forecast and long term forecasts.
• This position requires a “teamwork approach” to tasks, and must exhibit good flexibility and ability to appropriately prioritize in a fast-paced environment. The person must be willing to go that extra step to evaluate whether existing procedures “make sense” and suggest ways to improve them while adhering to Cablevision policies and procedures.
• MBA or CPA helpful but not required.
• Minimum requirement-Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
• 8+ years experience accounting, audit, financial planning and/or budgeting experience
• Highly organized, clear communicator, able to participate in and lead discussions involving inter-disciplinary groups
• Self-motivated with ability to work independently and with a minimum of supervision
• Ability to manage several projects simultaneously with accurate and timely results
• Ability to establish cooperative working relationships with people in all levels of the company
• Ability to work under pressure. Provide accurate information within required deadlines.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.
Cablevision Systems Corp. - 14 months ago
Cablevision thinks it's the ideal choice for cable TV service. Through the Optimum and iO brands, the company provides cable services...