Financial Planning and Analysis, Americas
Great Games Start with Great People!
is the umbrella organization over Activision Publishing and Blizzard Entertainment, providing corporate shared services, such as Legal, HR, Finance, IT, Accounting, Facilities and Sales. As the largest and most profitable third-party publisher, Activision Blizzard is a driving force shaping the future of entertainment. The company has a broad portfolio of industry leading brands and award-winning development talent. Activision is the premier worldwide publisher of interactive entertainment software. We maintain a diverse portfolio of products that span a wide range of categories and can be used on a variety of game hardware platforms and operating systems. We have created, licensed and acquired a group of highly recognizable brands, marketed to a growing variety of consumer demographics.
This position is primarily responsible for providing financial support to the Americas Sales Organization. This is a key contributor within the team with responsibility for financial close, reporting and analysis, quarterly forecast, and the Annual Operating Plan (AOP). This "hands on" position ensures that accounting transactions are performed in a controlled, timely and accurate manner, and that reporting is accurate, meaningful and on time. This individual will also work on a variety of projects as an individual contributor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive improvements to operating margin by identifying net revenue growth and cost saving opportunities
- Deliver accurate, timely and complete monthly, quarterly, and annual financial information in accordance with ATVI corporate guidance
- Provide leadership in the development of short and long term financial planning including the annual operating plan and quarterly forecasts
- Prepare, analyze, and execute the quarterly and annual Sales Incentive Plan
- Lead the quarterly close process for the with emphasis on Reserves and CFO Review
- Plays an active role as finance representative in coordinating different parts of the organization in order to create budgets, forecasts, and closing process.
- Responsible managing various sales deductions approval process as well as life cycle pricing management approvals
- Manages team of three finance professionals
- A minimum of 8 years of progressively responsible experience overseeing financial management, accounting, and reporting functions for a Consumer Packaged Goods, Retail, Entertainment, or Software Company
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- MBA/CPA preferred.
- Oracle and Hyperion experience preferred
United States-California-Santa Monica
Activision - 16 months ago