Fond du Lac
Regular Travel to Other Campus Locations Required
Full Time or Part Time
Academic or Year Round
$66,420 – 99,630 (This salary information is for fiscal year 2012-13)
Position Summary Information
Job Description Summary
Applications are being accepted for a full-time Finance Director at Moraine Park Technical College, Fond du Lac campus. This position is responsible for coordinating the development of the annual budget and the annual financial statements, administering overall cash management and banking relations, developing and maintaining the District’s financial accounting system and internal controls, developing and overseeing policies and procedures to ensure compliance for all fiscal services and overseeing routine account reconciliations and monthly and year-end closing. This position is responsible for the supervision of one staff member; the position reports directly to the Vice President of Finance and Administrative Services.
Beginning: July, 2013
Characteristic Duties & Responsibilities
1. Develop and maintain the District’s financial accounting system and internal controls with responsibility for timely and accurate recording of financial transactions, including monitoring all ledger activity for data integrity and accuracy issues. Oversee routine account reconciliations as well as monthly and year-end closing.
2. Develop and oversee the implementation of policies and procedures to ensure legal and/or regulatory compliance for all fiscal service activities including accounting, audit procedures, cash management, reporting, and budgeting in compliance with WTCS rules, GASB standards, generally accepted accounting principles, and other federal, state and District policies as appropriate.
3. Administer overall cash management, banking and merchant service relations. Manage daily cash accounts to meet the District’s financial obligations including timely recording of debt payments, ACH transactions, grant draws, and wire transfers.
4. Coordinate the annual audit process and implement the recommendations of auditors in accordance with accounting practices and regulations. Manage other program audits as appropriate.
5. Collaborate with College staff to develop the annual budget document. Provide leadership in the development of budget proposals and coordinate the entire budget development and posting process. Administer the budget in accordance with WTCS and District policy.
6. Coordinate the development of the comprehensive annual financial report ( CAFR ) and prepare or review all other District related financial reporting for federal, state, and grant compliance.
7. Serve as Banner Finance functional lead. Analyze, develop and document new and existing Banner software system applications in the finance module and assist with related payroll and student finance areas. Utilize system to increase capability and access to information for business office staff and all employees. Perform auditing of the system and stored data as needed. Act as the Project Owner when appropriate.
8. Oversee, maintain and document the Banner financial table infrastructure and assist programmers in future upgrades and testing of the system. Maintain data integrity. Provide recommendations for Banner security and access.
9. Manage and administer the District’s procurement card program and monitor staff compliance with all District guidelines and procedures.
10. Initiate, develop and provide employee training and developmental activities related to budgeting, cash management, procurement and Banner financial processing and reporting. Supervise, train and evaluate the performance of the Finance Assistant. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree required in Accounting, Business Management or Finance, or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
2. Wisconsin registered certified public accountant.
3. Five years of governmental accounting experience.
4. Demonstrated experience with computerized financial information systems and their use in financial analysis and reporting.
5. Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and experience with Enterprise Resource Planning systems and reporting tools. Knowledge of data reporting systems such as Argos or Cognos is desired.
6. Ability to communicate effectively with individuals and groups, both orally and in writing.
7. High degree of integrity and professionalism and demonstrated ability to respect and retain the confidentiality of information.
8. Ability to work with staff in a team environment both as a leader and as a team member.
9. Strong organizational, planning, analytical and problem solving skills.
10. Demonstrated ability to multi-task and troubleshoot errors.
Special Instructions to Applicants
The application form itself must be fully completed. Indicating “see resume” in blanks does not constitute a completed application and may result in disqualification. All application materials must be submitted online. Moraine Park Technical College conducts criminal arrest and conviction records checks on all management, supervisory and confidential, faculty support professional, temporary and adjunct faculty applications who are recommended for employment. Applicants with disabilities who need accommodations should contact the Human Resources Department, 920-924-3232 or TTY 920-929-2109. Applications accepted through the close of the business day (4:30 p.m.) of the closing date of the position posting. Moraine Park Technical College is an equal opportunity/access employer and educator.
Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org, 920-924-6402. Please view our website at www.morainepark.edu .
Group Life Insurance
Group Health Insurance
Group Dental Insurance
Group Vision Insurance
Long Term Disability
Accumulative Sick Leave
Employee Assistance Program
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Moraine Park Technical College - 23 months ago