Novelis is the world leader in aluminum rolling, producing an estimated 19 percent of the world's flat-rolled aluminum products. We are the No. 1 rolled products producer in Europe and South America, and the No. 2 producer in both North America and Asia.
Novelis is also the world leader in the recycling of used aluminum beverage cans. Annually, we recycle around 40 billion used beverage cans -- enough to circle the earth more than 100 times.
Novelis is globally positioned, operating in 11 countries with approximately 11,600 employees. The company reported revenue of $10.6 billion in its 2011 fiscal year.
Novelis North America Finance team is re-organising its structure to better align with the business requirement and growth potential. As a result, Commercial Finance responsibilities will be consolidated to include all three Value Streams under one Director.
The incumbent of this newly established position will be responsible for approximately $4 billion revenue. The Value Stream Finance Director is expected to have a significant strategic influence and to act as the business partner of the Value Stream General Managers. Therefore, a strong customer focus is a crucial personal attribute for the role. In addition, her / his understanding of and experiences in industrial and manufacturing businesses would be a strong necessity.
Key areas of responsibility for the role include the following:
- Provides all necessary financial support in the preparation and completion of customer contracts.
- Works closely with Sales & Marketing organizations to implement and maintain finance processes and define KPIs.
- Supports the Value Stream General Managers, their commercial team and central supply chain planning in optimizing plant loading and in make-or-buy decisions.
- Plans and executes value added multi-year financial forecasting for the region.
- Drives improved Product Portfolio Management.
- Establishes and implements systems and processes to monitor organizational performance against objectives.
- Champions the advancement and full adoption of SAP and be a strong process improvement leader to strengthen contract to cash cycle compliance.
- Provides all necessary support in the management and optimization of receivables.
- Updates on an ongoing basis the Value Stream operating and strategic agendas including resulting CAPEX requirements.
- Prepares, reviews and coordinates all Commercial Requests for Approval (RFAs) for the Value Stream.
- Ensures a climate of balancing business partnerships while constructively challenging business decisions.
- Provides all necessary support in the analysis, management and optimization of inventory levels.
- Undertakes preparation of all ad hoc analysis in support of business performance and prepare / coordinate all business performance reporting requirements for the Value Stream both financial and non-financial.
- A degree in Finance or accounting is required; a MBA (or equivalent) preferred.
- Minimum 15 years of progressive experience in a manufacturing company, preferably with automotive industry experience.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, capital project planning and implementation, and operating finance (financial planning & analysis, costing, accounting and reporting, operating reviews)
- Solid experience in a commercial business partnering role.
- Excellent knowledge of US-GAAP is a must.
- Excellent computer skills with software applications proficiency, including Microsoft Office, Hyperion and SAP
- Excellent ability to get results in a complex, multi-functional environment.
- Excellent ability to lead, develop and motivate a team with strong leadership and people management skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence others
- Ability to travel to client and plant locations
US-Georgia-3560 Lenox Rd Suite 2000 Atlanta, Georgia 30326
Novelis - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard