Internships: Accounting and Finance
Finance Intern - Oakland Athletics (Oakland, CA)
The Oakland Athletics are currently seeking a Finance Intern for January - June 2013.
The internship will allow the student the opportunity to gain valuable work experience within a professional baseball organization. Interns are paid a stipend at the conclusion of the internship and may also receive college credit, if applicable.
To be eligible for the Oakland Athletics internship program you must meet the minimum requirements:
Primary duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- You must be currently enrolled in either an undergraduate or graduate college or university program or have graduated within the past 6 months
- Available for a personal interview prior to the final decision
- Available for the entire duration needed by the Finance department
- Posting monthly recurring journal entries and entering monthly postage in Great Plains accounting system
- Recording company VISA transactions
- Reconciling intercompany receivables and payables and preparing intercompany reports
- Assisting in processing invoices and cutting checks
- Recording transactions in QuickBooks on a monthly basis for affiliated entity
- Assisting the VP of Finance and Senior Director of Finance with special projects, as assigned
- Other finance related duties as assigned
All cover letters and resumes must be received no later than Friday, December 7, 2012.
- Working towards a Bachelor's Degree, Accounting emphasis preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly motivated with strong work ethic
- Effective time management skills
- Interested in pursuing a career in sports management/sales
Due to the large number of submissions, we may not be able to respond to each applicant. We will contact you should we wish to schedule an interview with you.
No Phone Calls Please.
The Oakland A's are an Equal Opportunity Employer
MLB - 21 months ago