Work Location: Madison, WI
We are seeking an uncommon professional to join our team as a Finance Leadership Development Program Associate.
Recent Accounting and/or Finance graduates, and May 2013 graduates, are encouraged to apply!
1. Through a series of arranged rotations the incumbent will actively take initiative to understand the assigned finance areas and their needs, assume and provide leadership for assigned projects and functional support duties, and participate in leadership meetings of the assigned rotation areas. Assignments may include but are not limited to one of the following areas: Internal Audit, Corporate Controller, Business Performance Measurement, Corporate Tax, Internal Controls, Transactions, Treasury, International Finance, Supply Management, and/or Special cross-functional Finance projects.
2. Analyze, recommend, and implement control and process improvement throughout rotations and assigned work.
3. Investigate, analyze, and resolve finance related issues. This requires independent judgment, understanding and assessment of business processes and how they relate to the finance function.
4. Apply appropriate knowledge and expertise to the accurate and timely development, maintenance, and completion of various initiatives, reports, and projects.
5. Provide clear, concise communication to all levels of the organization. This includes formal and informal presentations to business leaders and the FLT at the conclusion of each rotation. Communicate effectively and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills through interactions with non-finance staff, as well as Finance and business senior leaders.
6. Participate in a wide range of defined leadership development programs and activities, some of which will be offered internally and others through outside vendors. Possible leadership areas include communication skills, business acumen, project management, analytical and technical skills.
7. Provide regular reports of activities and develop short-term and long-term plans for assigned activities.
8. Assist in interviewing, candidate evaluation, and overall hiring process recommendations.
9. Pursue personal development through experiences and educational programs/opportunities.
1. Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or business related field
2. Finance or business related internship or equivalent experience preferred
3. Demonstrated academic strength and success
4. Strong leadership, communication, and analytical skills
5. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to adapt and work well with diverse set of situations and people
6. Ability to work as a team as well as independently
7. Aspiration to move into a management career path
8. Willingness to pursue further professional certifications
9. Willingness to relocate during the duration of the program
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values.
Along with an excellent benefits package, our staff is engaged, rewarded for performance, and encouraged to grow professionally and personally. Our future is driven by our people, and our people are driven to deliver value through innovation, involvement and determination. If you want to be recognized for your results and empowered to reach your potential, we urge you to apply.
In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Experience Level: 0-1 years
Area of Interest(s): Actuarial, Finance, Accounting
Type of Job: Full Time
Job ID: RLB20120211-35259