Finance Manager, Global Business Services Finance-13008026
The manager in this role will be responsible for providing consultative and actionable decision support to leaders within GBS focusing on transformational initiatives. The manager will work alongside the Global Business Transformation, Change Management and Global Supply Management teams on relevant projects. The person in this role will be responsible for creating, customizing and validating financial models that quantify and assess the impacts on the P&L of various strategic decisions/ tradeoffs over the life of initiatives. As a result, the position will have significant interaction with teams that are involved in transformation initiatives as well as the LFOs and business leaders of the various AXP business units. The role will oversee and validate a large range of reengineering and value creation initiatives providing consultative decision support to initiative owners and senior management. The role will also have oversight and responsibility for the GBS long range re-engineering plans that impact both GBS and other AXP business units. The manager will also drive the monthly planning and results analysis process for Global Business Transformation and Change Management/Strategic Operations.
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Strong financial modeling / analytical skills required
- Highly motivated individual with an ability to drive results and work with ambiguity on project-related work
- Ability to articulate costs and benefits related to financial decisions and quantify P&L impact
- Track record of innovation and thought leadership in previous roles
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills – verbal and written.
- Ability to break down complex ideas into understandable and actionable messages
- Ability to influence and drive alignment among various organizations and disciplines
- Ability to handle high pressure environment with aggressive deadlines
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- MBA/CPA or equivalent education preferred
Primary Location: US-New York-New York
We’re a company of inclusion—built on service, secured by trust and driven by forward thinking. For more than 160 years,...