Orica is the world's largest provider of commercial explosives and blasting systems to the mining and infrastructure markets, the global leader in the provision of ground support in mining and tunneling, and the leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction.
Orica also supplies general chemicals across a diverse range of markets, including agriculture, building and construction, food and beverage, pharmaceutical and personal care, plastics, pulp and paper and water treatment industries.
Headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, Orica is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange with a diverse workforce of over 15,000 people from more than 130 nationalities and has operations in more than 50 countries and customers in more than 100.
At Orica, we're committed to developing tomorrow's technologies and solving today's challenges for our customers.
The key emphasis of this position is to provide financial leadership to the North America region to maximize shareholder value and lead compliance with financial controls and standards.Accountabilities: Controlling Activities: GL transaction recording, summary and consolidation, Month end close and reconciliation, reporting to corporate Finance and the business, Statutory obligations e.g. tax, external audits, country requirements, statutory and management accounts reconciliation, balance sheet review, finance letter of assurance, • internal controls system – design, improvement and audit. credit control, budget (financial) preparation, rolling financial forecast – sales, EBIT, capex, cashflow, investor relations analysis, fixed asset register maintenance, post capex and contract reviews, internal control compliance (to global standards), self assessment testing and coordination, financial process adherence / improvementBusiness Partnering: Analytical and project support to line organisation and ad hoc analytical support to global Orica, Customer (GQOM) and Purchase (PQOM) tender preparation & review (contracts management/review), capex preparation and signoff, 6 year plan analysis and presentation, business performance reviews, fixed cost reviews and trade working capital programs, participation in regional management teams.
Required Skills:The qualified candidate will:
Orica USA Inc. and Orica Canada Inc. are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and a drug free workplace. Orica provides a rich, competitive benefits package for both full-time and part-time employees. Apply online to be considered for a new career today!
- Have degree in a finance related discipline (Masters degree preferred),
- Extensive managerial experience (15 years in finance with at least 10 years at the executive level overseeing financial operations of a mid to large sized company is required);
- Have a successful history demonstrating strategic focus and an ability to execute directives in a high growth, global environment with complex and evolving organization, systems and operations;
- Possess motivational leadership qualities;
- Have knowledge of the competitive and regulatory environments that affect Accounting, Finance and Risk Management in the mining industry;
- Have a broad knowledge of financial enterprise systems and technology as well as comfort with multiple transactions and rapidly changing circumstances; and specific experience working with manual and automated financial, accounting and planning systems and accounting software.
- Proven ability developing models and conducting analyses that identify critical trends, support strategic decision making and create forward visibility for the region.