Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation is a world leader in the design and manufacture of advanced helicopters for commercial, industrial and military uses. Sikorsky helicopters are used by all five branches of the United States armed forces, along with military services and commercial operators in more than 40 nations. Based in Stratford, Connecticut, USA, Sikorsky has outlying facilities in other Connecticut locations as well as in Florida and Alabama.
Sikorsky Aerospace Services (SAS) has a unique opportunity supporting anchor country standup businesses. In this new highly visible position the ability to maintain a high standard of performance in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities is a key success factor in this role. The ideal candidate should also have solid analytical, communication, organization, and time management skills, be team oriented and have a strong work ethic. The individual in this position will need to perform both hands-on and managerial responsibilities as follows:
Lead stand up of a SAS Colombia-100% owned subsidiary as well as other strategic initiatives
On-going Financial Lead of a SAS Colombia-100% owned subsidiary
- Development and implementation of the control environment to include creation of Financial and Operational policies, procedures and work instructions to demonstrate a strong control environment and compliance with the Sarbanes Oxley Act.
- Lead the implementation of the ERP system for SAS Colombia from system selection through go-live
- Support initial acquisition of assets required for stand-up including CAR tracking and reporting
- Determine make-up of local staff, hire, train and create ground up finance and admin staff as required
Requires ability to operation both strategically (planning, contract review, modeling) and transactional (journal entries, account reconciliation, variance analysis, controls testing).
- Over site of month-end closing process including the reporting of actual results, preparation of monthly and quarterly variance analysis for all financial statements, including but not limited to journal entry preparation and review, consolidation, and account reconciliations
- Perform the weekly, monthly, annual and LRP financial forecast process including P&L, full balance sheet and cash flow forecasts
- Support cash collections and negotiation of LC (`9s to meet required cash flow obligations
- Assisting Business Development in development of contract provisions to address risks identified and review such contracts for potential accounting and reporting implications.
- Provide support for on-going expansion of facility including financial modeling, capital requests
- Maintain a control environment that supports all required controls. Support annual ACA review and other audits as required
- Identifying process improvements using ACE principles
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA and/or CPA a plus.
- 10+ years experience in one or more areas including acquisitions, accounting, finance and audit. Prior Manufacturing, International or Government Contractor Industry experience is helpful.
Strong personal computing skills ERP understanding, Excel, Powerpoint and Word
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in working with diverse departments and the ability to gain required support within a matrix organization
Relocation may be considered.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
United Technologies - 15 months ago
Russian-born helicopter pioneer Igor Sikorsky is long dead, but helicopters bearing his name still soar the skies. A subsidiary of United...