to learn more.
The Finance Manager for the MN, ND, SD chapter will be responsible for supporting all areas of finance including the management, maintenance and reporting of all financial data related to the tri-state Chapter. This includes annual budget development, monitoring and maintaining all financial information, (including the accounts payable system, funds received and receivable, and expense reimbursements), and processing of internal financial forms. Reviews government and private grants accounting transactions, ensuring appropriate match transfers are completed. Monitors monthly accounting reports and key asset and liability account balances, including advances to partner NGOs, monitors endowment and loan budget centers. Provides recommendations related to finances in the overall organizational planning, policy development and implementation.
Duties may encompass a wide range of detailed accounting/financial transactions including general and subsidiary ledger entries, financial report preparation and reconciliation, budget preparation and monitoring, tax reporting, accounts payable, the preparation/processing of various accounting forms and reports such as journal entries. S/he communicates quarterly via ad hoc reports and analysis to management. S/he serves as a liaison between the MN, ND, SD Chapter and the Conservancy’s Worldwide Office to ensure accurate processing of income, expenses and transfers. S/he provides back-up administrative assistance to the operations department. The Finance Manager is supervised by the Director of Finance and Operations, and has no direct supervision of other staff. S/he must be able to function productively as a member or leader of a work team and be able to work with and communicate with a wide range of people including the public, program leadership, donors, and others. S/he must consistently demonstrate professional, positive, and approachable attitude/demeanor and discretion and be able to provide a variety of information to staff and others to assist workflow throughout the organization. The Finance Manager must be able to travel for training or enrichment a few times each year and be willing to work longer hours during busy seasons.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 3 years related experience or equivalent combination.
- Experience with accounting/financial issues and analysis.
- Technical experience with spreadsheet programs, general ledger reports and other financial management tools.
- Expert knowledge of GAAP and understanding of fund accounting principles, practices and regulations.
- At least 3-5 years related experience or equivalent combination.
- Experience with non-profit accounting and U.S. government grants accounting.
- Excellent communication skills, both orally in and writing.
- Experience with MS Office (Word and Excel). Technical command of spreadsheet programs, general ledger reports and other financial management tools.
- Ability to manipulate, analyze and interpret data and adapt or modify processes in response to changing circumstances.
- Experience using organizational and analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Technical expert on complex accounting/financial issues.
- Experience using and maintaining automated systems.
- Demonstrate sensitivity in handling confidential information.
- Experience with new financial system transitions and implementation.
- Experience with Agresso Business World financial software desired.
- Experience coordinating multiple tasks with several variables under pressure of tight deadlines
The Nature Conservancy offers competitive compensation, a 401k plan, flexible work policies and a collaborative work environment. We also provide professional development opportunities and promote from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires conservation achievement and personal development, both within the workplace and beyond.
To apply to position number 41450, submit resume and cover letter as one document. All applications must be submitted in the system prior to 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on October 10, 2013.
Failure to complete all of the required fields may result in your application being disqualified from consideration.
You must click “submit” to apply for the position. You may select “save for later” if you prefer to create a draft application for future submission. Once submitted, applications cannot be revised or edited.
If you are experiencing technical issues, please refer to our
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The successful applicant must meet the requirements of The Nature Conservancy’s background screening process
The Nature Conservancy - 12 months ago