The Computer History Museum (CHM), located in the heart of Silicon Valley, California, is a unique and exciting institution. It is home to one of the largest collections of computer-related artifacts in the world. Backed by leaders and innovators of the computer industry, the Museum brings computing history to life through its speaker series, exhibitions, oral histories and website.
The Computer History Museum seeks a Finance Manager with a strong FP&A, accounting and system implementation background. The successful candidate thrives in an environment in which he/she collaborates with others but is just as motivated working alone creating and analyzing spreadsheets. This person must have a "can-do" attitude and enjoys working as a team in order to meet departmental goals and deadlines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Budgeting & Forecasting (20-25%) - prepare annual budgets and quarterly forecasts and effectively collaborate with departmental managers and the Controller or CFO to create accurate and timely budgets and forecasts; monitor CHM's actual performance against budget and forecasts to ensure that budget overruns do not occur.
• Financial Reports (20-25%) - prepare the monthly Finance Committee package to be presented by the Controller/CFO to the Finance Committee, Executive Committee and Board of Directors. In the Controller/CFO's absence, the Finance Manager will present. Professional presentation and communication skills are required ; will also be responsible for preparing monthly BvA reports and other reports as required.
• ERP and POS System Administrator (10-30%) - be the system administrator for NetSuite which will include leading system project implementations and corrections, working with NetSuite customer support to resolve technical issues and creating customized reports and screens, and general NetSuite support for the Finance team; will also be the system administrator for OnSite, our Point of Sale system for the gift store. This will include supporting Store personnel with technical questions and reporting requests.
• General Accounting Responsibilities (30%) - in partnership with the Store manager, will be responsible for accurate Inventory tracking and reporting. He/She will conduct monthly inventory cycle counts and organize weekly/bi-weekly meetings to address Inventory and POS related issues; will be the occasional backup to other members of the Finance team, and will help in the areas of AP, AR, Payroll and General Accounting when needed; will also help with annual audits and special projects.
Required Background, Experience, and Education:
• Bachelor degree required, preferably in accounting, finance or MIS
• Over 7 years of experience in accounting or finance
• Prior ERP systems implementation experience preferred
• Experience with NetSuite highly desirable
• Non-profit experience preferred
• Attention to detail, accuracy, and deadlines
• Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
• Proven experience in preparing clear financial presentations
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Good team player with strong communication skills
Computer History Museum - 16 months ago