Incumbent is responsible to work in partnership with the Executive Team regarding annual budget and forecasts for the company. Manages the financial analysis, monthly and quarterly reporting for the Executive Team and the Board of Directors related to company financial results. Prepares the annual strategic plan and various strategic financial analysis for the company. Has a team consisting of a Financial Analyst and a Sr. Financial Analyst reporting to them.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Weight
- Provide direction on the preparation of monthly and quarterly financial results packages to present to the Leadership Team regarding financial and dashboard results for all lines of business for the company and franchise restaurants and corporate support center. Partner with IT to continue to build efficiencies into the analysis process. Create and conduct monthly financial results meeting for the Leadership Team for all lines of business. Prepare monthly board memo and quarterly board of directors book of financial results. 25%
Manage the annual budget and quarterly forecasting process. Assisting in this process will be a Financial Analyst and Senior Financial Analyst who will cover such areas as restaurant budgets, Franchise royalty and other revenue budgeting, and general and administrative expense budgeting. Meet with the appropriate company executives regarding overall strategy and drive the process of creating and communicating an annual budget based upon these discussions. Act as the supervisory point of contact for the budget process, and ensure clear, concise communication to the Board of Directors and the executive team. Oversee the processes involved with the budget, such as data input, transfer of budget to other systems, input and report template maintenance, security maintenance, budget package preparation and budget disbursement to restaurant and corporate supervisors. 20%
Drive onging knowledge of BPC budgeting software throughout the Finance team. Partner with IT to coordinate software system maintenance. 15%
Partner with the Executive Team and members of Board of Directors strategic planning committee to prepare an annual strategic plan by line of business. 10%
Provide direction, supervision on the preparation of various financial analysis and reports related to margin and profitability of company initiatives and by line of business; analyze significant variances from budgeted or forecasted results and provide interpretative comments and recommendations to senior management and the Board of Directors. 10%
Provide direction, supervision, and training to Financial Analyst and Sr. Financial Analyst to ensure efficient and effective departmental performance. This includes responsibilities involving staffing, conducting performance appraisals, training and developing subordinates, promotions, salary increases, terminations, and disciplinary actions. 10%
Lead, coordinate and participate on various miscellaneous projects as needed, or as directed by supervisor. This may include, but is not limited to, analysis of various line of business strategies or scenarios. 10%
- 4 year degree in Finance, or related discipline from an accredited college. A comparable combination of professional experience and education will also be considered.
- Masters degree desired.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in planning, budgeting and financial management reporting.
- 4+ years effectively leading and managing a team.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Experience with a mid-range budgeting program, SAP BPC (Business Planning & Consolidations) preferred.
- Some experience from consumer products company and/or restaurant industry preferred.
- Prior direct supervisory experience at the Analyst and Sr. Analyst levels.
- Expert user of Excel for financial modeling and analysis and ability to teach others on team.
- Strong attention to detail in work product and in review of others work.
- Ability to innovate within processes, analysis, and use of technology.
- Possess strong analytical, quantitative, problem solving and technical skills.
- Must possess effective written and verbal communication skills for professional writing requirements and interface with individuals of differing knowledge levels.
- Demonstrated ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization, internally and externally.
- Demonstrated strong relationship skills and the ability to resolve conflict efficiently and effectively.
- Requires ability to efficiently utilize computers including advanced spreadsheet software applications, basic word processing, presentation software and electronic communication software applications.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and organize work to meet deadlines and multiple requests.
Activity Frequency * Comments (i.e. max #. lbs, % of time)
Depth Perception hourly
Fine Manipulation hourly
Reach Above Shoulder daily
Repetitive Foot Movement infrequently
Repetitive Hand Movement hourly
* Frequency: hourly / daily / weekly / occasional / infrequently
Environmental Condition * Comments
* Condition: normal / none / extreme / variable
Other Factors Comments
e.g. travel Travel is required maybe once or twice a year to attend a conference or to meet with one of our franchise partners for a financial review.
Famous Dave's of America, Inc. - 13 months ago