International Technological University (ITU) is a non-profit graduate university located in the heart of Silicon Valley. We were founded with the two-prong mission/vision of bridging cutting-edge theory with practical application and globalizing the best of American education. The past few years have been filled with significant growth and development in both programs and size. The university is now seeking applications for the Accounting Manager who be joining our Accounting team.
The Accounting Manager, under the direction of the CFO, is responsible for assisting with the management of the fiscal functions of the University and other legal entities in accordance with financial accounting standards issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board and other regulatory and advisory organizations and in accordance with financial management techniques and practices within a private non-profit higher education institution.
We are looking for someone who has experience working in a small, nonprofit school.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists in planning, controlling, and managing University's fiscal function and performance;
2. Assists in evaluating the effectiveness of internal controls and implements changes in consultation with the CFO;
3. Assist CFO with generation of financial statements and footnotes for auditors and other interested parties;
4. Assists in managing financial accounting and reporting for various legal entities;
5. Provides timely and accurate analysis of financial reports;
6. In concert with the CFO, enhances and/or develops, implements, and enforces policies and procedures by way of systems and processes that will improve overall operations, efficiency and effectiveness;
7. Provide financial reporting for board meetings;
8. Review and approve transactions for policy compliance and accuracy;
9. Supervise and be able to prepare all required government reports such as 990, 1099 and 1098T;
10. Prepare gift acknowledgements and letters of appreciation for all types of donations;
11. Provide recommendations concerning net assets, and overall financial health of the University;
12. Review bi-monthly payroll;
13. Reconcile monthly bank statements.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of Jenzabar EX a plus;
2. Knowledge of the general accepted accounting principles;
3. Knowledge of 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization best practices;
4. Preferable to have some knowledge of handling Financial Aids;
5. Ability to establish, manage, and enforce financial control systems, policies, and procedures;
6. Ability to gather data, analyze and compile information, and prepare reports;
7. Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a wide range of constituents;
8. Demonstrates sound management skills within a diverse environment;
*Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field.
*Minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified, preferably in a higher education and/or non-profit environment.
*A CPA or MBA is preferred.
- Experience working in a small, nonprofit school