Provide support to Executive Management as well as Operations Directors/Managers, through information analyses (e.g. current processes, actual performance vs. budget and prior year, budget, etc.), preparation of operational data/analyses for publication to various constituents throughout company (Executive Management, Sales, Operations, etc.) who rely on/benefit from the information to make informed business decisions. Primary responsibilities will include assisting Executive Management and Operations team in the Monthly Financial Review, identification of areas for cost reductions and operational productivity improvements, annual budget process, periodic forecasting, and periodic analysis of financial and operational performance. This position will also supervise the workflow and personnel for the Reconciliation department, which is responsible for attributing deposits to payments posted, by analyzing and researching deposits and variances.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Lead finance team in preparation of monthly analysis of direct costs and other operational expenses against prior year and budget, providing explanations and business solutions to help improve the organizations overall financial performance
- Lead finance team in preparation of weekly revenue forecasts, bi-weekly dashboard and quarterly P&L forecasts
- Convert financial modeling from Excel to database technologies where applicable
- Partner with Operational Management and Executives in determining financial impact of business changes, addition of new business lines, etc. and prepare periodic forecasts to update management on projected results
- Create financial performance key business metrics and measure actual performance against those metrics. Document pertinent financial highlights that will enable management to determine progress against budgets
- Identify, investigate, and analyze potential operational improvement. As appropriate, based on findings make proposal for operational changes (policy, procedures, processes, etc.)
- Manage a team responsible for reconciling client lockbox receipts
- Implement automated reconciliation process across all clients
- Communicate effectively with clients
- Perform all other duties as assigned and required
- Two to four years of expe rience in a similar position; experience with operations preferred.
- CPA or MBA preferred.
- Experience in physician revenue cycle management a plus
- Must aggressively anticipate impacts of workload/issues to team deadlines
- Maintains a very positive work attitude including willing to work some longer hours during peak periods.
- Strong experience in income statement analysis.
- Advanced Excel skills, ability to work with lookups and pivot tables.
- Strong database application skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Cognos 8.3 products/Business Intelligence a plus.
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self motivated to learn new concepts and participate in new projects.
SPi Healthcare - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
SPi Healthcare (formerly Springfield Service Corporation and Laguna Medical Systems) is the industry's leading integrated revenue cycle and...