About Sentry Insurance
Sentry Insurance is one of the country's largest and strongest mutual insurance companies. Sentry was founded in 1904 by members of the Wisconsin Retail Hardware Association. Today, Sentry has more than $11 billion in assets, a policyholder surplus of $3.4 billion and total revenues in excess of $2.4 billion.
Sentry Insurance is headquartered in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States.
Sentry offers a full line of property, casualty and life insurance products to protect businesses, cars, homes, lives and retirement incomes.
As the Financial Accounting Manager (Financial Specialist Senior) you’ll apply real life accounting principals that ensure the proper assembly and documentation of data, systems and controls. Our professionals develop reports, analyze and communicate results and assist management in making key decisions. Other financial duties include:
- Ensure compliance with accounting practices
- Communicate results to internal/external sources (e.g. A.M. Best rating agency, State Insurance Departments, etc.)
- Develop and implement new procedures, practices and systems changes
- Act as the main interpreter for new accounting pronouncements
- Lead projects by researching, interpreting, and summarizing accounting, tax, and relevant insurance literature
- Develop and prepare charts, tables and exhibits for reports and financial statements
- Maintain compliance with regulatory and tax reporting requirements
- Provide work direction, guidance, and mentoring to department staff
Compensation and Benefits
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting required
- 8-10 years of relevant work experience
- Certified Public Accountant designation required
- 2-3 years of CPA experience in industry and public accounting beneficial
- Prior insurance, auditing, statutory financial group experience considered a plus
- Ability to apply accounting principals, theories and concepts
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, communicate effectively and remain organized
- Strong computer skills, with knowledge of PeopleSoft
Compensation will be commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications.
Sentry's excellent benefits package is designed to meet today's most important needs. Benefits for full-time Sentry Insurance employees include:
Recruiter Contact Information
- Group Health and Dental Insurance
- Vision Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- 401(K) Plan with Matching Funds
- Paid-Time Off
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts
- Student Loan Program
- Credit Union
- Career Education
- Fitness membership and discounts at our premier SentryWorld golf course
- Relocation assistance available
Dian Flittner - Dian.Flittner@sentry.com
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
How To Apply
Sentry Insurance has an online employment application. In order to complete it, you need to apply for a specific position. We ask that you apply for one position at a time with us; so if you are interested in several positions, please determine the position in which you are most interested and apply for that position first. If you are not selected for your first choice, we invite you to apply for the next job in which you are interested.
If this is the first time you have applied for a position at Sentry, you will be asked to register. Returning applicants will only need to provide their email address and password.
Sentry Insurance - 19 months ago
Founded in 1904, Sentry Insurance is one of the largest and strongest mutual insurance companies in America.
Sentry is one of the...