THIS POSITION REPORTS TO:|
Generally, this position does not have direct supervisory responsibilities.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR POSITION:
Assures compliance with all Bank policies and procedures, as well as, all applicable state and federal banking regulations.
- Intermediate knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance regulations, and Bank accounting policies and procedures.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; mainframe computer system; and word processing and spreadsheet software programs.
- Intermediate math skills; calculate interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence, speak clearly to customers and employees.
- Ability to work with no supervision while performing duties.
- Associate’s degree in Business with two years of accounting experience acquired with a broad exposure to all areas of accounting and accounting principles and practices.
Responsible for a complete, systematic set of transactions in a specialized accounting function and is required to possess a broad knowledge of accounting principles to apply in a variety of tasks at a professional level.
- Posts the investment transactions to the appropriate General Ledger accounts.
- Prepares pre-purchase analysis in accordance with regulatory standards.
- Monitors status of all pledged assets and generates correspondence related to asset pledging
- Purchases and sells fed funds on the market daily.
- Compiles numerical and statistical information for report purposes or financial statements and reconciles all investment accounts including book value, accruals, and safekeeping records.
- Analyzes and classifies accounting transactions which involve research, and detailed work methods required to complete assignments within established framework.
- Ensures requirements and specifications of regulatory agencies are met by monitoring and complying with reporting requirements.
- Imports daily repo file, market value of securities and sends confirmations to customers.
- Prepares Call Report input.
- Prepares reports on investment transactions for outside auditors for tax requirements; prepares work papers for auditors and examiners.
- Updates files annually for Bank’s approved investment brokers and prepares financial analysis to be presented to the Board in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Prepares financial analysis on those securities held in the Bank’s investment portfolio with credit quality of non-rated or below investment grade; prepares monthly update for credit quality on all securities.
- Maintains “Mark to market” records and generates the monthly valuation entry.
- Prepares monthly leverage strategy analysis.
- Reconciles FHLB advances and is responsible for the renewal/payoff of advances.
- Maintains investment reports used by the Board of Directors
- Operates computer terminal or personal computer to process account activity, determine balances, and resolve problems within given authority.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports the Bank’s goals and values; benefits the bank through outside activities.
- Prepares periodic management reports as assigned.
- Performs special projects as assigned; completes a variety of analyses and studies as assigned.
- Maintains current knowledge of industry regulations, requirements and trends by attending seminars, member associations and reading a variety of publications and periodicals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Citizens National Bank - 2 years ago