Finance Strategy Manager, Global Coalition Loyalty-14001975
The Loyalty Coalition (LC) business is a dynamic and rapidly growing piece of American Express that will play a large part in helping the company attract new customers to the franchise and support its overall growth strategy. This position will be an integral member of the team and support the design and implementation of all finance infrastructures required to run our LC businesses worldwide. The incumbent will be responsible for driving solutions around global strategic challenges as well as tactical local implementation. A successful candidate will need to lead cross-functional teams at executing on initiatives across the end-to-end financial infrastructure processes outlined below including project setup, resourcing, managing project scope, scheduling, status updates, and issue resolution.
Specific areas of focus to include:
- Build in-house expertise and ensure that the infrastructure built is globally relevant with respect to accounting, financial systems, processes, reporting, etc
- Work in a highly collaborative environment alongside key internal stakeholders including GBS, Controllership, Business Partners, Risk, Compliance, etc
- Work with external coalition partners in the design of financial constructs and processes
- Designing financial constructs for LCs and establishment of robust new processes
- Clearance and settlement of cash movement
- Management and financial reporting
- Accounting rules
- Establishing ongoing analysis and monitoring of financial results to help business partners understand underlying business trends and performance
- Drive development and implementation of profitability analysis
- Establish guidelines on business drivers on a business, portfolio, and segment level
- Converging of LC processes to AXP standards
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
- Strong comfort operating in a less well defined/fast paced environment
- Self starter with entrepreneurial mindset able to identify business problems and design solutions quickly
- Ability to project manage and prioritize multiple tasks while delivering on tight timeframes – project setup, resource, manage, schedule, status update, issue resolution
- Exceptional ability to influence without authority across a highly-matrixed cross-functional team
- Proven ability to provide thought leadership to business partners and creative solutions to business problems in a pragmatic way
- Global mindset with the ability to operate locally
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Previous consulting experience would be a plus
- Solid experience with MS Office suite of tools including MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, etc
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Educational requirement: MBA preferred
Click here to view the “EEO is the Law” poster.
If the link does not work, please copy and paste the following URL in a new browser window: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
Primary Location: US-New York-New York
American Express - 6 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for...