Socotherm (a ShawCor company) is a leading provider of thermal insulation coatings, anti-corrosion coatings, internal coatings, and concrete weight coatings for onshore and offshore pipelines. Our coating facilities are located in key energy producing regions around the world such as the Americas, Europe and Africa. Two research and development centers, located in Italy and Argentina, support Socotherm in developing unique and innovative coating solutions for the world’s pipelines.
To provide efficient accounting, administration and business support services to the Branch and ensure that all business priorities are met in a timely and professional manner. First point of contact for Accounting and Administrative inquiries from Head Office.
Meeting the reporting requirements under the GAAP, IFRS and Corporate policies is a key function of this position, this includes periodically monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
The incumbent will also have responsibility for maintaining financial standards and procedures, system implementation and development, adherence to corporate policies including Bill 198.
- Manage the Division’s accounting/administration functions through subordinate staff.
- Review operating division results on a monthly and quarterly basis to verify business programs are on track and to identify action programs to be implemented in conjunction with the appropriate General Manager’s approval.
- Assist in the preparation of the Annual Business Strategic Plans and co-ordinate the efforts of others in this area
- Responsibility to ensure that all reporting (Local and Corporate) adhere to Company Policy and Procedures, and provide direction of Company Policy and Procedures to staff and management within the business unit
- Act as a Liaison with Corporate Accounting/Control
- Responsible for ERP implementation and their updated
planning and prioritizing to meet deadlines.
- Bachelors degree in a related discipline
- 6-10 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrate organizational ability and initiative including experience in work
- Ability and desire to work with limited supervision, at the same time ability to
work in team.
- Experience in reporting in a corporate environment.
- Excellent leadership and communications skills
- Knowledgeable in accounting principles and procedures
- Strong analytical skills
We thank all applicants for their interest; however we cannot accept telephone calls regarding this position. All recruiting activities are managed via our Recruitment Management System and you must apply via the link below or the posting on our career page at www.shawcor.com/careers to be considered for this opportunity.