Position: Finance and Administrative Associate
Location: Washington, DC
Reports to: Controller
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
OIC International (OIC International) is a non-profit organization headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. OIC International's mission is to build self-reliance and entrepreneurship through sustainable technical and vocational skills development. Since 1970, OIC International has been implementing programs that invigorate local economies, both urban and rural, by developing its workforce. OIC International's programs are comprehensive in nature, and aim to give individuals the knowledge and tools they need to build sustainable futures for themselves, their families and their communities.
General Responsibilities: This position is responsible for supporting various accounting functions including accounts payable, general ledger and field office reporting. The position is also responsible for supporting various administrative functions including making travel arrangements. It requires familiarity with all facets of accounting and the ability to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines.
- Process Accounts Payable invoices through Quickbooks accounting system. Must ensure timely and accurate processing of payments. Code invoices and receive proper authorization as needed. Research as necessary. Automate payments.
- Prepare accounts payable checks, ACH payments, and wire transfers.
- Maintain vendor files.
- Maintain and submit 1099's for appropriate vendors. Process 1099 forms at year end.
- Review bills for possible errors. Research variances as needed.
- Correspond with vendors and answer inquiries.
- Support the monthly accounting closing process to ensure accurate and timely financials.
- Other duties as assigned
- Enter journal entries into Quickbooks accounting system.
- Ensure that information is properly coded, approved, and recorded to the current accounting period.
- Assist with end of month account reconciliations as needed.
Field Office Financial Reporting
- Support specific finance and accounting tasks of OIC International's field offices as assigned.
- Review, adjust and approve monthly field office expenses.
- Make appropriate accounting entries into accounting system for field office monthly close
Other Administrative Duties
- Work closely with travel agent to make travel reservations for OICI headquarters staff.
- Deliver visa applications to embassies and follow up on paperwork for timely turnaround on visas and passports.
- Work closely with OICI staff to process travel advances and reimbursements.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, or related field desired or equivalent work experience.
- Perform receptionist duties with greeting guests and vendors.
- Order office supplies for OICI headquarters staff as needed.
- Setup and maintain electronic and paper filing systems for the Finance department.
- Manage office and building support services as needed.
Experience: Minimum one to three years' experience.
Skills: Strong interpersonal skills required, with the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Must be able to maintain a calm and professional demeanor when handling difficult interpersonal scenarios. Must possess excellent organizational skills and demonstrate a high attention to detail, with the ability to work on multiple assignments under the pressure of concurring deadlines. Computer literacy required to include a proficiency in the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook) in a Windows 2000 or later environment. Proficiency in automated accounting software (e.g. Quickbooks or similar package) required. Must be able to handle confidential and sensitive data with the utmost discretion.
Send Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org EOE
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
idealist.org - 20 months ago