The Center for Clean Air Policy (CCAP) is searching for a Finance and Contracts Associate to be based in Washington, D.C. Since 1985, CCAP has been a recognized world leader in climate and air quality policy and is the only independent, non-profit think-tank working exclusively on those issues at the local, national and international levels. CCAP helps policymakers around the world to develop, promote and implement innovative, market-based solutions to major climate, air quality and energy problems that balance both environmental and economic interests.
Financial Planning and Analysis (mainly working with the Director of Finance)
Contracts (working with the Director of Finance, Director of Administration and Grants Coordinator)
- Create project budgets for funding proposals or tenders
- Monitor project budgets by tracking actual expenditure vs. forecast/budgets
- Communicate with project managers regarding state of budget
- Work with grants coordinator to prepare finance-related communication for funders
- Assist in organizational financial planning and analyses and creation of related material such as board books and interim reports to management team
- Create organization-wide project related cash flow forecasts for Director of Administration and Accounting
The position is available immediately. Expected salary range is $38,000-$47,000 depending on the individual’s qualifications and experience, and full benefits are provided.
- Create and maintain a central contracts database for all contracts (administrative and programmatic) for the organization
- Work with policy staff to create, negotiate, monitor and close out contracts related to programs
- Work with grants coordinator to negotiate, monitor and close out grant contracts
- Create monthly reports on status of project related contracts (outstanding invoices, payments etc.)
We are looking for a college graduate with at least 1-2 years of relevant experience, looking to work in a non-profit environment. The successful candidate will be able to learn quickly on the job, work independently, and manage multiple tasks. Specific qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, finance or related field
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and timeliness with deadlines
- Experience with Microsoft Office including: Excel, Word, Outlook and Powerpoint
- Prior experience in creating complex excel spreadsheets for analyzing and presenting financial information is required
- Prior experience in contract management is a plus
Applications, including a cover letter describing your qualifications and your resume (in Word or PDF format) should be sent to: email@example.com . Please also reference where you learned of the position. In order to expedite the internal sorting and reviewing process, please type “Finance and Contracts Associate” and your name (Last, First) as the only contents in the subject line of your e-mail. The Center for Clean Air Policy is an equal opportunity employer.
Center for Clean Air Policy - 13 months ago
Since 1985, CCAP has been a recognized world leader in climate and air quality policy and is the only independent, non-profit think-tank...