The Organization: The Center for Conflict Resolution (CCR) is an independent, not-for-profit organization with a mission to work with individuals, communities, courts and other institutions to manage and resolve conflict. Since 1979, CCR accomplishes this mission by offering mediation services and conflict management training to Chicago area institutions, organizations and businesses. CCR's programs are carried out by a paid staff of 14 and more than 140 volunteers under the direction of a 22-member Board of Directors.
Position Description: The Finance & Operations Director is responsible for various office operations including accounting, facilities, human resources administration, and technology. This person is responsible for ensuring smooth office function, streamlining and upgrading operations, and maintaining office systems.
Finance: Responsible for all details related to accounts payable and accounts receivable, including check processing, data entry, financial reporting, government and grant tracking, and financial reconciliations.
Technology/Operations: Oversee general office operations to ensure staff is able to work without undue disruptions. Troubleshoot issues and coordinate with building management to address facility needs and improvements. Maintain operation and supplies for basic office equipment such as copiers, printers, and telephone systems. Work with external technology vendors to ensure office systems are operating efficiently and effectively. Systems include all software and hardware, such as desktop computers, laptops, servers, printers, and telephone systems.
- Input weekly financial information into Quickbooks and prepare monthly financial reports (accounts receivable; accounts payable; cash projections; profit and loss)
- Management of the invoices for training and other income sources.
- Manage government and grant tracking and financial reporting
- Work with accountant on monthly bank and income reconciliations
- Work with auditors on annual audit and tax filings
- Actively monitor and manage bank and cash accounts and make bank deposits
- Process checks and reimbursements; Pay bills and process credit cards
- Monitor all bank account activity and make changes as necessary
- Maintain orderly financial files and office organization
- Provide staff support for CCR Board Finance and Audit Committee
Human Resources Administration: Responsible for supporting management on human resource related activities such as on-boarding of new employees, tracking payroll and benefits, and maintaining employee records. Work with external vendors as needed to ensure human resource activities are timely and accurate.
- Maintain office coverage weekdays 9a – 5p
- Organize office to operate smoothly
- Manage and trouble-shoot facilities concerns and improvements
- Manage building, postal, telecommunications and other services
- Maintain office equipment and supply levels including copier, fax machine and voice mail system
- Bi-weekly payroll entry
- Process paperwork and conduct HR orientation for new employees
- Manage employee benefits (health, dental, vision, life, 401(k), CTA)
- Maintain well-organized employee records
- Track employee vacation/leave hours
- Coordinate with payroll services on employee payroll issues and record appropriate information in accounting software
- Bachelors degree required
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience required
- Working knowledge of Quickbooks, MS Word and Excel
- Related financial and human resources administration experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled at project management and coordinating with outside vendors
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work effectively with minimal supervision
- Detail-oriented and highly responsive to both internal and external stakeholders
- Patience and commitment to CCR's mission
- Flexible, proactive, responsive