The Financial and HR Systems Manager is responsible for the efficient and effective functioning and management of the systems for National Wildlife Federation’s Financial and Human Resources operations. He/she will serve as the technical point of contact for the above functional areas and act as a subject matter expert to ensure data integrity, testing of system changes, report writing and analyzing data flow for process improvement).
- Coordinates with Finance and Human Resources to maintain production and validation processes and procedures in Lawson; assures the implementation of screen, logic, and data changes as needed in a timely and high-quality fashion through the use of appropriate resources (e.g., consults with Dev Team, contractors, etc.).
- Analyzes, implements, interfaces, and maintains ongoing functional enhancements to Lawson and other Financial and HR systems as assigned. Plans, communicates, leads, and executes implementation and testing/validation of system “patches,” updates, new releases, and for enhancement of existing service; assures functional and security integrity of NWF Finance and HR systems.
- Participates in the review of current business processes and demonstrates improved processes through standard Lawson functionality. Enhances and maintains systems workflows that ensure high quality information and efficient operation of NWF support functions.
- Troubleshoots and resolves system “bugs” and problems with processing. Manages and maintains user lifecycle for Lawson: setup, training, end-user support, permissions, and removal.
- Learns and shares new techniques, tools, and opportunities for improvement in the financial and HR systems ecosystem through internal and external relationship building, reading, training, and professional development.
- Develops, maintains, and enhances quality control reports and electronic monitoring to assure regulatory compliance. Deploy, manage, and assure continuing sustainable support and maintenance of document imaging and archival processes.
- Provides documentation and workflow analysis support for process improvement. Works closely with various departments on process improvement initiatives, such as process mapping, automation and digitization
- Manages and maintains Finance and Human Resources processes and systems knowledge bases in MyNWF portal on a routine basis. Leads Finance and Human Resources staff with stewardship of MyNWF content.
- Provides and/or coordinates training to the finance, budget, and HR staff to assure efficient and effective integration of software into the workflow of these and other departments.
- Analyzes, translates, and defines business requirements. Plans and executes analysis and development of requirements, testing, and training related to Finance and Human Resources systems. Seeks ways to improve Finance, HR, and related organizational services through use of technology
- Assists each year in the Finance closing process and loading of the new fiscal year budget.
- Coordinates and executes the systems activities for audit and compliance.
- Develops, implements, and maintains internal and external reports, queries, and key performance indicators. Manages report development and training processes for Finance and Human Resources reporting needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field.
- Course work in Finance/Accounting or other related field; or equivalent demonstrated practical experience.
- Extensive work experience supporting Finance and HR departments.
- 5 years experience in data management and report development in the areas of Finance, Accounting, and HR.
- 2 years project management or similar experience.
- Systems analysis and implementation, including process mapping and documentation.
- Functional and systems requirements elicitation, analysis, and solution development.
- Integrated systems management and operations including enterprise applications, database systems, software development lifecycle, and data integration.
- Process (re-)engineering: analysis, development, improvement, and documentation.
- Lawson, Crystal and/or SQL reporting services, document management, project management and SharePoint experience desired.
- Subject matter expertise in one of the following areas:
- Finance, accounting, budgeting and/or HR operations
- Ability to elicit and translate functional needs, often complex, into simple sustainable system improvements and supporting documentation.
- Ability to manage time and assignments effectively, both individually and while coordinating within a group, to produce deliverables quickly without compromising quality.
- Highly effective organizational and interpersonal skills; strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to exercise sound independent judgment. Ability to work with confidential information while maintaining confidentiality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to discuss technical IT issues with no technical accountants.
- Ability to maintain current knowledge of regulatory, compliance, and organizational context including program requirements, regulations and restrictions.
- Ability to develop queries, reports, and logic to identify, trace, troubleshoot, and resolve data related issues. Ability to develop test plans and perform functional, scenario based integrity tests.
- Microsoft Office Suite 2007 and/or 2010 (expert excel skills; intermediate MS Office Word Outlook).
- Understanding of data relationships, how data is input and managed (manually and electronically); how data is reported and otherwise produced and consumed.
- Data structure design, relational database design and file structures.
- Knowledge of the logic of computer applications and demonstrated ability to apply this knowledge to solve routine, extraordinary, and complex business problems.
- Ability to produce basic to intermediate reports using Crystal Reports or Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services. Ability to attain a working knowledge of Essbase
- Understanding of how payroll and benefits reporting work, through labor distribution and feeding of information to the general ledger.
- Understanding and ability to synthesize Financial data; understanding of human resource and benefits processes.
National Wildlife Federation - 11 months ago