Currently the fourth largest producer of natural gas in the continental United States, Southwestern Energy Company is a growing independent energy company primarily engaged in natural gas and crude oil exploration, development and production within North America. We are also focused on creating and capturing additional value through our natural gas gathering and marketing business, which we refer to as Midstream Services. Visit SWN.com to learn more.
Working at Southwestern Energy
Southwestern Energy produces and provides energy to our world. It’s a commitment that has motivated our employees for more than 80 years. Every day we are explorers and producers, working to discover innovative new ways to fuel the future. Our culture demands creativity and innovation, and we foster this by building programs and procedures that make our company and industry better. We give employees, including new hires, the opportunity to be a contributor from the first day on the job. It’s important to us to create a rewarding and inclusive work environment. We reward team and individual performance, in addition to offering our employees competitive compensation and benefits. We support our employees with opportunities to participate in ongoing development training and support groups.
We are at the forefront of several significant projects, including the Fayetteville Shale and Marcellus Shale plays. In fact, Southwestern Energy was the first to discover the economic viability of the Fayetteville Shale and is the largest producer of its natural gas. In a few short years, we achieved two significant milestones – total gross operated production of 2 Bcf per day and surpassed 3 Tcf cumulative gross operated production. In the Marcellus, our gross operated production reached nearly 700 MMcf at year-end 2013. Our work is also well known in the Arkoma Basin in Western Arkansas, East Texas, and we have exploratory efforts in the Brown Dense, located near the Arkansas-Louisiana border, East Texas, Colorado’s Denver-Julesburg Basin and Niobrara formation, and New Brunswick, Canada.
Financial & Reporting Analyst II
- Assist in preparing all SEC filings (10-Q, 10-K, 8-K, etc.)
- Assist in review of XBRL filing package
- Coordinate efforts to complete variance analysis and monthly reporting package distributed to senior management.
- Conduct review of updates to SWN’s investor relations presentation.
- Compile information required to submit detailed (exploded) financial statements and review for potential changes.
- Work closely with various business units and teams to address questions, perform research, and provide information.
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors to fulfill audit requests.
- Assist with research of new accounting pronouncements.
- Perform various compensation related journal entries (ASC 718)
- Perform accounting and analysis related to derivative transactions (ASC 815)
- Assist with preparation and review intercompany elimination entries and ensure legal entity accounting is tracked and appropriate.
- Assist with special projects as required which could include testing of new systems and processes.
- Review account reconciliations.
- Other Ad Hoc projects.
- Good Microsoft Office skills, specifically Excel.
- Good communication skills and ability to interact with various departments and managers.
- Accounting degree.
- CPA eligible or working toward it.
SOUTHWESTERN ENERGY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - MINORITIES/FEMALES/PROTECTED VETERANS/DISABLED
SouthWestern Energy Company - 30+ days ago
copy to clipboard