Reviewing certain overhead costs analyses that are performed at month-end
Assisting in reviewing material fluxes in monthly financial line items at month-end
Reviewing monthly overhead expense allocation process
Reviewing bank account and prepaid account reconciliations and journal entries
- 's 4th quarter and annual business forecasts
- Providing certain reporting/analysis to company management on a monthly basis regarding costs incurred
- Coordinating preparation of year-end financial reports and footnotes
- Assisting with coordination of year-end audit
- Coordinating GL team's involvement in system testing efforts for regular system patches and upgrades
- Assisting staff accountants with troubleshooting issues
- Assisting with development and maintenance of GL process/training guides
- Providing recommendations for process improvements and growth/development of staff accountants
- Researching new accounting pronouncements and footnote disclosure requirements as necessary
Bachelor's degree in Accounting. Minimum 5 years accounting/auditing experience, some managerial experience required. Ability to work independently and manage/prioritize schedule. Desire and ability to research accounting standards as necessary. Willingness to pitch in and help complete other projects as necessary. Ability to analyze trends, understand bigger picture and reconcile. Proficient computer skills (especially Excel). CPA preferred but not required.
Burns & McDonnell - 11 months ago
At Burns & McDonnell, we believe in the power of an entrepreneurial dream. It’s how we began, in 1898, when Clinton Burns and...