One of the most important investment decisions that you can make is the investment in your career.
Enerplus is an execution-focused organization that treats people with dignity and respect. We are a team of over 800 strong that is proud to produce oil and natural gas through our properties in Western Canada and the United States. For the past 27 years, we have strived to achieve exemplary results across all facets of the business. We enable employees to reach their full potential, we are a responsible developer of resources and we give back to the communities where we operate.
This is a full-time position located in our Denver Office and reports directly to the Controller for US Operations.
Overall Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
• Perform the daily Treasury functions including monthly forecasting
• Assist with Asset Management, performing a key role in the AFE process
• Perform control testing to ensure they are functioning properly
• Assist in developing and documenting additional controls to ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley requirements
• Coordinate the month end close process, preparing journal entries, accruals, monthly analysis and account reconciliations
• Maintain the accounting system hierarchy, creating new cost centers and working closing with the accounting group in Canada
• Assist with other projects as required, examples are acquisitions / divestures, tax support, audit support, etc.
• Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with revenue, joint interest, accounts payable groups as well as our counterparts in Canada.
• Foster teamwork and leverage knowledge of financial practices to improve processes, enhance communication and respond to the changing needs of our business partners
Knowledge, Skill and Experience Required:
• Minimum of 2 years related oil and gas experience with Accounting degree
• Possess a high level of expertise and experience with generally accepted accounting practices within the oil and gas industry and International Financial Reporting Standards
• Superior verbal and communication skills to be able to communicate with all levels of the organization
• Self-motivated individual with excellent problem-solving skills that is capable of adapting to a growing and rapidly changing business environment
• Proficient knowledge and use of MS Excel and working knowledge of Excalibur is preferred
• Ability to establish priorities, meet critical deadlines and multi-task responsibilities
• Proven self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision, is flexible, a team player, and can handle a fast paced environment