Forest City is looking for a Treasury Analyst to perform various cash management related duties to support the accounting function's goal of timeliness and accuracy including the accounting for daily bank activity, initiating payments, monitoring, analysis, reconciliation, and reporting related to the flow of cash and bank accounts.
Undergraduate degree from accredited college or university with a focus in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline. Additionally, at least 2 years of progressively responsible work related experience. Public accounting experience preferred. Prior working knowledge of general ledger and financial accounting systems. SAP experience a plus. Proficient in MS Office applications, specifically Excel.
- Monitors and analyzes bank accounts including calculations of net cash, analysis of bank activity and fees, assessment of investments and borrowings. Reports cash balances weekly or as needed. Responsible for movement of cash - initiating payments, transfers, and distributions per contracts, agreements, and accepted procedures.
- Prepares and reviews monthly reconciliation of general ledger and bank accounts. Monitors company loan agreements and payment/collection policies to adhere to certain debt covenants and other requirements therein. Maintain cash, debt, and interest schedules.
- Preparation and analysis of journal entries for each monthly close on both tax and GAAP basis (recurring entries, reclasses/adjustments, and review of all cash and intercompany transactions.)
- Analyze and prepare reports regarding changes to cash flow requirements and forecasts as necessary, including escrow/impositions analysis, capital repair/replacement funding, and analysis of interest yield on investments.
- Maintain banking relationships. Act as liaison between bank personnel and management.
Drug Free Workplace