To provide accurate financial data in order for management to make timely and informed decisions concerning financial performance of the business.
Essential Functions and Duties:
1. Part of a team responsible for coordinating, completing, standardizing and improving the Financial month end close, projection, budget and statutory processes.
2. Ensure that the Kerry accounting procedures and controls in the areas of General Ledger, Hyperion Reporting, Month End Close, Statutory Accounts, Projections and Budgeting are properly implemented and monitored.
3. Assist in the training for newly hired Financial Accountants. Responsible for continuing education of same through external as well as internal Kerry training courses.
4. Responsible for development and training of personnel on systems (e.g. Hyperion and IFM).
5. Service and support Corporate Department Heads in regards to ensuring their understanding of the financials and fiduciary responsibility.
6. Maintain the structure of the Hyperion financial reporting tool and assist in reviewing/updating nominal chart of accounts in IFM.
7. Monitor compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and company procedures
8. Review monthly balance sheets reconciliations
9. Provide monthly and yearly analysis of specified accounts/activities reporting to internal (Americas) and external (Head Office) levels.
10. Keep fully informed and educated on new developments in accounting and reporting.
11. Role Modeling “1Kerry” - act in a way that is both trustworthy and trusting, champion the values of the organisation and challenge unacceptable behaviours.
The above listed responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities or duties required. Incumbents will be expected to perform other duties as assigned.
• One to two years work post graduate work experience at a minimum
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting required and a CPA
• Well developed interpersonal skills. Ability to get along with diverse personalities while being tactful and mature. Ability to establish credibility and be decisive.
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
• Strong IT Skills, particularly Excel and Accounting systems
Kerry Americas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.