The Financial Accountant is responsible for performing transactional activities related to inventory, freight and sales for North America, while ensuring accuracy and integrity of the financial data . The incumbent will execute his / her work in compliance with IFRS, Lafarge accounting policies and control procedures.
Key Responsibilities Results/Accountabilities
- Participate in all inventory & freight related transactional activities and ensure close performed in a timely manner,
- Provide accurate and timely inventory related information for Cement Finance Community,
- Identify and escalate any financial discrepancies and/or issues in a timely, process improvement driven manner,
- Perform GL accounts reconciliation to ensure the accuracy of the financial data,
- Actively participate to the certification process for inventory related subjects (spare parts accrual, FASB143, …),
- Meet or exceed customer expectations as per company’s vision and goals,
- Maintain excellent level in terms of communication with Cement Finance,
- Demonstrate a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
- Maintain the Cement item ledger, Review the product set up, …
- Accomplish all month-end tasks included on schedule in an accurate, timely and professional manner,
- Identify and propose process improvement initiatives to guarantee the best practice accounting is achieved,
- Work closely with the Financial Systems & Processes Department to identify possible improvements and implement innovative solutions,
- Interact daily with customer via all communication means, with the goal of meeting or exceeding customer satisfaction,
- Carry out other duties, tasks assigned related to the functionality of the Accounting Department.
Relationships with Others’ Jobs:
- Interface for all financial communities including Cement Finance Department, Other Cement Departments and Central Service Departments,
- Interface with other Cement Departments like CVCs (Customer Value Centers) in relation to orders/ items,
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with Team Leader as well as Management throughout Shared Service Center (SSC) and Management for Cement Product Line.
Education and Work Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting,
- Advanced training/certification in a designated accounting program (CA, CMA, or CGA) or equivalent experience an asset,
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience, in a high volume accounting department or industry,
- Experience in Multiple Company/Legal Entity Reporting Environment,
- Previous manufacturing environment experience (for inventory) an asset,
- Cement experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- Detailed knowledge of Accounting techniques and processes,
- Strong familiarity of ERP General Ledger (incl O2C (Order To Cash), P2P (Purchase To Pay) implications).
Job-Specific Competency Profile (Lominger):
Action oriented (1)
Functional/ Technical skills (24)
Interpersonal savvy (31)
Learning on the fly (32)
Lafarge - 19 months ago