The Financial Accountant is responsible for performing transactional activities related to inventory, freight and sales for North America, while ensuring accuracy and integrity of the financial data . The incumbent will execute his / her work in compliance with IFRS, Lafarge accounting policies and control procedures.
Key Responsibilities Results/Accountabilities
- Participate in all inventory & freight related transactional activities and ensure close performed in a timely manner,
- Provide accurate and timely inventory related information for Cement Finance Community,
- Identify and escalate any financial discrepancies and/or issues in a timely, process improvement driven manner,
- Perform GL accounts reconciliation to ensure the accuracy of the financial data,
- Actively participate to the certification process for inventory related subjects (spare parts accrual, FASB143, …),
- Meet or exceed customer expectations as per company’s vision and goals,
- Maintain excellent level in terms of communication with Cement Finance,
- Demonstrate a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
- Maintain the Cement item ledger, Review the product set up, …
- Accomplish all month-end tasks included on schedule in an accurate, timely and professional manner,
- Identify and propose process improvement initiatives to guarantee the best practice accounting is achieved,
- Work closely with the Financial Systems & Processes Department to identify possible improvements and implement innovative solutions,
- Interact daily with customer via all communication means, with the goal of meeting or exceeding customer satisfaction,
- Carry out other duties, tasks assigned related to the functionality of the Accounting Department.
Relationships with Others’ Jobs:
- Interface for all financial communities including Cement Finance Department, Other Cement Departments and Central Service Departments,
- Interface with other Cement Departments like CVCs (Customer Value Centers) in relation to orders/ items,
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with Team Leader as well as Management throughout Shared Service Center (SSC) and Management for Cement Product Line.
Education and Work Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting,
- Advanced training/certification in a designated accounting program (CA, CMA, or CGA) or equivalent experience an asset,
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience, in a high volume accounting department or industry,
- Experience in Multiple Company/Legal Entity Reporting Environment,
- Previous manufacturing environment experience (for inventory) an asset,
- Cement experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- Detailed knowledge of Accounting techniques and processes,
- Strong familiarity of ERP General Ledger (incl O2C (Order To Cash), P2P (Purchase To Pay) implications).
Job-Specific Competency Profile (Lominger):
Action oriented (1)
Functional/ Technical skills (24)
Interpersonal savvy (31)
Learning on the fly (32)
Lafarge North America works to be the foundation of buildings, roads, and bridges across US and Canada. As North America's largest...