Our Philosophy is simple: INNOVATION backed by INTEGRITY in everything we do.
SEDC, a dynamic company headquartered in Dunwoody, seeks a Financial Accountant with 0-2 years accounting experience.
Primary Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual statements by collecting data and analyzing variances, summarizing data, information, and trends; distributes statements to managers
- Prepares all general ledger functions including payroll, journal entries, and reconciliations and audit preparation
- Provides financial advice by studying operational issues; applies financial principles and practices; develops recommendations
- Complies with state and federal tax filing requirements by studying regulations; adhering to requirements; advising management on required actions; calculating quarterly estimated tax payments; assembling data for quarterly and annual tax filings; prepares and distributes sales tax reports
- Provides financial advice by studying operational issues, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments and obligations; applies financial principles and practices; develops recommendations and predicts future revenues and expenses
- Prepares special reports by studying variances; preparing budgets; developing forecasts.
- Cross train within department and serve as backup when needed
- Updates job knowledge by keeping current with financial regulations and accepted practices; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Experience with G/L accounting
- Strong MS Excel/Access Skills
- Detail-oriented and focused on accuracy
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Conscientious and self-motivated
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks and work independently
- New Grads Welcome to apply
It is a plus if you have a high technical aptitude with the ability to grasp writing queries for report writing, etc.
SEDC is a dynamic yet stable company offering good benefits, flexibility and a family of great people!