The Financial Accountant is responsible for the financial activities of the assigned programs.
- Work in conjunction with executive management on budget negotiations as needed.
- Manage billing process for assigned programs to include but not limited to: reviewing billing from programs, preparing expenditure report, filing claims with funding source, drawing process, income/advance recording.
- Manage financial and banking activities and cash analysis reports for Southwest Key Programs and its subsidiaries.
- Review and approve all check requests submitted by assigned programs to verify the spending is within the approved budget before submitting to the accounts payable department.
- Perform financial statement review to ensure the accurate financial position of each program is reported to the program and executive management in a timely manner.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts monthly.
- Work with program and executive management on the annual budget process as well as update budget with any modifications that arise.
- Become familiar with the funding source requirement on the financial aspects of the assigned programs to accurately prepare special reports for the funding source as needed.
- Provide financial advice as needed to all assigned programs taking into consideration program model and program location.
- Monitor National School Lunch Program (NSLP) for identified programs to include reviewing paperwork from programs, reconciling and submitting to other Southwest Key personnel for submission for payment as assigned.
- A combination of one of the following:
- Bachelor degree in business administration, accounting, finance or economics and 5 years of accounting related experience.
- Master degree in business administration, accounting, finance or economics and 3 years of accounting related working experience
- Passed CPA exam
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft excel.
- CPA and Bachelor degree in business administration, accounting, finance or economics and 10 years of accounting related experience.