The Principal Financial Group® (The Principal ®) is a global investment management leader including retirement services, insurance solutions and asset management. The Principal offers businesses, individuals and institutional clients a wide range of financial products and services, including retirement, asset management and insurance through its diverse family of financial services companies. Founded in 1879 and a member of the FORTUNE 500®, the Principal Financial Group has $364.1 billion in assets under management and serves some 17.3 million customers worldwide from offices in Asia, Australia, Europe, Latin America and the United States.
Are you ready to join our global organization?
Corporate Accounting is actively recruiting for a Financial Accounting Analyst. This position plays an integral part in ensuring the accuracy and completeness of financial related information for Regulatory filings, primarily on a GAAP basis. In this role you will have the opportunity to collaborate with individuals within Corporate Accounting as well as other business units including varying levels of management.
Specific responsibilities including:
Qualifications: -Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent experience required (8+ years).
- Serving as a liaison with business unit(s) and subsidiaries of the organization for their submission, consolidation and analysis of financial results
- Researching accounting guidelines and applying them throughout the organization
- Working with applicable business units on our investment and derivative disclosures, issue resolution and emerging guidance implementation
- Developing a strong working knowledge of the organization entity structure and steps necessary to produce financial results at varying levels of consolidation
- Preparing and reviewing Quarterly SEC deliverables
- Additional duties and projects as needed
Job Level: At this time, we are targeting the Analyst level however we may have the ability to consider candidates at the next level based on qualifications.
- Four to six years of relevant experience.
- CPA or other applicable certifications preferred.
- Experience with Excel, PeopleSoft, Essbase and Hyperion Financial Management preferred.
- Must have strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, customer service and organizational skills required.
- Demonstrates the ability to embrace and understand the change process, and effectively guides others through change.
- PC and/or system skills required.
- Minimal travel, if any, may be required.
Visa Sponsorship: This position is not eligible for sponsorship for work authorization by The Principal. Therefore, if you will require sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, we cannot consider your application at this time.
Background Check Requirements: Employment at Principal is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Principal Financial Group - 12 months ago
Ah, the circle of life. For a child in elementary school, avoiding the principal is paramount. However, folks looking toward retirement may...