- Full-time position available in the Controller’s office. The financial Accounting Clerk assists the Controller and Assistant Controller with reconciliations, general accounting and fixed assets and provides support to Student Accounts and Cashier processes.
Education and Preferred Qualifications: Degree in accounting highly preferred, direct related experience can be substituted. Ability to understand detailed financial information and communicate that information effectively to appropriate parties. Competence in basic concepts of accounting and Word and Excel skills are required. Experience or training in not-for-profit accounting preferred.
- Apply accounting principles and procedures while working with accounting records and reports.
- Assist Student Accounts processes. Review and approve payment plans. Provide customer service to students/parents on payment plans. Assist with reconciliations to the general ledger.
- Manage student eRefund process: authorize transfers, reconcile transfers and returned checks. Provide customer service to students using the eRefund process.
- Assist in Cashier’s office during periods of high demand, lunch breaks and absences. Provide technical assistance for Cashier’s office, including reconciliations.
- Fill in for the Student Accounts Coordinator when absent or as needed.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of bank accounts.
- Assist with accounting and reconciliation of payables, agency accounts, and fund balances as needed.
- Prepare and input journal entries. Oversee the input of journal entries for miscellaneous and internal charges.
- Provide oversight of Cashier’s Office, including reconciliations.
- Assist in the development of schedules and work papers for the audit.
- Provide customer service for Student Loans and process transcript requests in Staff Accountant’s absence.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To apply please submit a signed application and resume to the Human Resources Office.
Posted 5/13/2013 Deadline: Until filled
Asbury University - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard