- Identify private investor prospects, market the firm’s financial services and convert prospects to clients with assets under supervision.
- Develop and service existing client relationships, monitor clients’ investment objectives on an ongoing basis, work to win additional available assets under supervision, communicate value of their William Blair relationship.
- Collect and analyze client information regarding income, assets including investment and debts, determine which financial products best meet needs and financial circumstances, advise regarding the advantages and disadvantages of different financial products. Make recommendations and build suitable portfolios that are consistent with client’s objectives and positioned to preserve and enhance client assets. Monitor results and refine strategy as needed. Operate with the highest professional standards putting clients’ interests first and in compliance with regulatory and firm requirements.
- Build sound understanding of firm’s proprietary research as well as other resources including attending research meetings, management and corporate finance presentations, growth stock conference, Best Practices sessions and departmental meetings.
- Build familiarity with various firm products and services and market them to appropriate prospects and clients.
- Participate in other projects as requested by management.
- M.B.A. desirable
- 5+ years of prior investment sales and portfolio management experience serving high net worth clients
- Series 7 and 63 licenses required; Series 65 preferred
- High quality regulatory compliance record
- Comprehensive knowledge of investment products; Portfolio management experience preferred
- Prior sales experience required
- Superior presentation and communication skills with a commitment to satisfying customers
- Entrepreneurial spirit and high level of self-motivation and organization
- Thorough knowledge of compliance regulations associated with investment products
William Blair & Company - 20 months ago