Full-time, entry level staff union level I, hourly position reports to the Senior Financial Aid Administrator. The Financial Aid Coordinator assists students in all aspects of the financial aid application process, provides clerical support and exceptional customer service. The coordinator position is the first point of contact for all student inquiries in the Financial Aid Office. The position requires the ability to protect and maintain confidentiality of data communications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: - Front desk coverage including but not limited to communicating with students over the phone, in person, and/or through e-mail conveying financial aid account information, federal, state, and institutional policies, and other inquires in a consistent and understandable manner.
- Assist students with the completion of required financial aid forms and electronic processes such as the Free Application for Student Financial Aid (FAFSA), master promissory notes, entrance loan counseling and other related electronic forms.
- Ability to follow directions and complete tasks accurately and accept supervisory input and constructive criticism.
- Reviews collected documents for completeness and accuracy then forwards to appropriate staff member for input into PowerFAIDS and placement into students file.
- Behavioral requirement of treating fellow employees, students, and the institution’s guests with civility, and too refrain from actions that disrupt the efficient functioning of the college.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: - Runs National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) reports for students (as needed)
- Assists in outgoing call campaigns; deadlines reminders, loan delinquencies notifications and other notifications as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: - Ability to demonstrate exceptional customer service
- Must demonstrate excellent organizational abilities and written communication skills.
- Candidate must have the ability to communicate effectively, patiently, and sensitively over the phone, in person, and by e-mail.
- Qualified applicants must be able to relay accurate information.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to multi-task is essential.
- A passionate commitment to the mission of the College.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk, hear, and effectively communicate with others in person and in writing. The employee is required to be mobile. The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to see others and read documents. This job requires the employee to spend lengthy periods of time performing computer assisted work. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EXPERIENCE: BA/BS preferred, but not required, minimum 2 years office clerical experience. Experience in financial aid preferred.
Cambridge College - 5 months ago