The Financial Aid Counselor position is responsible for all aspects of the student financial aid process for certification of student loans. Working in a team environment, individual will reconcile loan rosters, counsel students on financial aid matters and assist with the coordinating of all student activities associated with the application for and receipt of various forms of financial aid.
This position supports Kendall College in downtown Chicago, Illinois.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with Director of Financial Aid to certify Federal Stafford Loan Application and private loan application.
- Resolve loan application issues with students and outside agencies.
- Review Stafford Loan disbursement rosters
- Answer phones, e-mails and student inquiries in a timely and consistent manner
- Counsel students on all financial aid matters
- Correspond and work with Bursar, Admissions, Academic, Registrar and Marketing offices.
- Process student aid reversals and return refunds to lenders.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required and 3-5 years of experience working in a progressive Financial Aid office.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills are a must.
- Openet, Powerfaids, NSLDS, and Datatel/Colleague experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to successfully resolve student issues from request to resolution ensuring a positive student experience.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Laureate Education Inc. - 9 months ago